BMW K1600 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
To the guys who have bought new in the UK, did you find any particular dealers more willing to deal that others, particularly on a GA? I'm in Wigan, but todays deals are done anywhere and shipped, so does not need to be local.

With the Euro 5 changes coming in at the end of December I'm thinking there could be some deals to be had - or they will purposely run out of stock before they can't sell the Euro 4 models. Best case scenario would be an update/refresh and also a switch to Euro 5, but no one knows anything for now, so I'm a bit in limbo but trying to keep a breast of the situation also.

Thanks

James

·
International Man of Mystery
3,203 Posts
There could be a scenario under which BMW sells the K1600 until the very end of the derogation period and stops it altogether. I am willing to bet that in this event there will be a big run to get one of the last bikes and good deals will be unlikely. Made my choice to got for a bike from the last 2020 production run before the summer shut down of the Berlin plant. Whatever will show up on the virtual exhibitions like EICMA or INTERMOT remains to be seen. The current update announcements for the midrange 850 series calibrates my expectations. New colors, new accessory packages, new logos. Meeeeh...............

Reactions: jesim1

·
Registered
89 Posts
Hey, have you considered a pre owned? The prices seemed very good when I considered them I think because their is less of a market for them due to the pannier bags being fixed IMO

·
Registered
602 Posts
I have bought two new and one second hand K16 from Chester Motorrad, found them excellent.

Also purchased my R1250RT from Ocean Motorrad, Plymouth in December, again found them excellent.

Note to oneself, it is not wise to ride 400 miles from Northern Ireland to Plymouth the week before Christmas to exchange a motorbike.

Freezing fog, is b****y freezing.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hey, have you considered a pre owned? The prices seemed very good when I considered them I think because their is less of a market for them due to the pannier bags being fixed IMO
The one I tried was a 19 and up for £19500 which sounds good at first until you look at the BMW offers. The first dealer I contacted said there was a £1600 BMW contribution and another £1000 form the dealer on top of your trade in price, so that's £2600 off the price of a new bike if taking a pretty decent finance deal at 5.9% over a short term.

If you add in your getting a brand new bike with zero miles and an extra years warranty over the second hand one then your looking at less than £2k of a price difference for new Vs old - it's a no brainer to me :)

It's more about will BMW drop a new model on us which would be fine if it was just the emissions, but I'd kick myself if they bring out a refreshed bike when I've just splashed over £23k on a new one which is now an old one :poop:

So in the mean time I'm seeing if the deals can get to a point I just go for it anyway - so anyone please chip in with your thoughts - it will go one way of or the other.

James

·
Registered
404 Posts
There has been a lot in the press recently about adaptive cruise control, and the pictures show a K16 which makes you think a new model is being lined up - but no news yet!

·
Registered
219 Posts
I have also heard about the adaptive cruise control (but personally would not want that as see it as interference)
I also read in US press that 2021 GT sports package ($550 more) includes a drivetrain blackout, and a windshield feature on Black Storm Metallic/Glacier Silver Metallic Colorway New 2021 BMW K 1600 GT Rumors, Specs, Price | BMW CAR USA

·
Registered
404 Posts
I also read in US press that 2021 GT sports package ($550 more) includes a drivetrain blackout, and a windshield feature on Black Storm Metallic/Glacier Silver Metallic Colorway.
The GT Sport has had a black engine since 2017 - and Silver/Black Sport hasn't changed since 2019 😕

·
Premium Member
277 Posts
The GT Sport has had a black engine since 2017 - and Silver/Black Sport hasn't changed since 2019 😕
Why would you change such a great looking colour scheme - Purely an independent view (obviously) :whistle:(y)

Reactions: K1600Belco

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
OOOOohhhhh - I may have one lined up, I just have to get my head round whether the 2021 model will be along in the next week or so or if I go ahead and order the existing one for September delivery? If only I had a crystal ball o_O

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Now sorted, I'll post a new thread on it.

James

·
Registered
404 Posts
The 2021 updates were launched today - must be Euro5 but didn't see it mentioned. All you get is a black engine across the range, but other than colour etc no real difference.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
The 2021 updates were launched today - must be Euro5 but didn't see it mentioned. All you get is a black engine across the range, but other than colour etc no real difference.
This is exactly what I was hoping for, I took a gamble on getting a deal on existing UK stock for a 2020 model and got a great deal for it. I can now breath easy knowing I got the best deal possible and didn't compromise on the bike either as I was half thinking I would keep it 12 months and get the new model if it was significantly different.

Thanks

James

1 - 15 of 15 Posts