BMW K1600 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looked at my front wheel yesterday and realized the rim is slightly bent - holds air so its doesn't seem to be an issue. Looked on ebay for possible getting possible replacement - no luck. OEM is almost $1300. So does anyone know a good place to get a used replacement. I read a while back about a company that fixes wheels but don't remember the company - anyone know who I'm talking about?

Thanks

·
Registered
443 Posts
Looked at my front wheel yesterday and realized the rim is slightly bent - holds air so its doesn't seem to be an issue. Looked on ebay for possible getting possible replacement - no luck. OEM is almost $1300. So does anyone know a good place to get a used replacement. I read a while back about a company that fixes wheels but don't remember the company - anyone know who I'm talking about?

Thanks
There are many rim repair shops for Cars that may be able to straighten it for you? I had this done for my daughter's car rim. The shop even fixed a crack that was leaking, for 80 bucks. I know they worked on every type of wheel from auto to semi-tractor/trailer. That shop was very honest, I asked him if he could clean up the rims while he was at it, since they were pretty scratched. He said, "who's this for?" I said, "my daughter." He said, "naw, I wouldn't do that!" :)

I don't know why a good shop couldn't do a motorcycle rim? I just googled "Vehicle Rim Repair" and looked at the websites, ratings and comments.

·
Premium Member
6,166 Posts
Agree with @jfink. Unless you have money to burn, get the wheel repaired. If you opt for replacement I'll take the bent wheel off your hands for $50.00. :)

Duane

·
Registered
40 Posts

Thanks
The K1600 front wheel is exactly the same as on the K1300 and K1200. On ebay they are significantly cheaper so can be an option.0:)

·
Registered
16 Posts
I second Woodys Wheels Works. I’ve used them and their service is top notch.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
206 Posts
My wheel guy was able to straighten this one. My insurance bought me a new one. He did muff up the paint. If anyone knows what color these are I'd appreciate that info.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,691 Posts
You can do worse than getting the rim assessed by a professional workshop, they wouldn't damage their reputation by doing shoddy work. When I buckled front and rear, I had new rubber mounted that i supplied on the same day

·
Premium Member
2,055 Posts
The K1200 even uses the same TPMS sensors as the K1600.

Thanks to Joe I ordered a pair of TPMS sensors from AliExpress.

·
Registered
87 Posts
I paid my deductible and bought a new wheel last year.
I have a front wheel with a small dent,don't know what it's worth to anybody.

·
Premium Member
1,408 Posts
I paid my deductible and bought a new wheel last year.
I have a front wheel with a small dent,don't know what it's worth to anybody.
When opportunity knocks, open the door. Well done and good luck!!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts