BMW K1600 Forum banner

41 - 53 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Here's my RDL with charcoal leather seating surfaces, and black vinyl sides. The most comfortable seat I've had in 40 years of riding. I was skeptical of all the rave reviews, but after riding up to Russells, sitting in the new seat & riding back, I was in heaven. I had the back area built up 6" for support of my bad back, and that actually made the position right to comfortably use the floor boards.

https%3A//i.imgur.com/7r8Hh6p.jpg[/img]']

https%3A//i.imgur.com/B3WUR2z.jpg?1[/img]']

https%3A//i.imgur.com/UQte7GF.jpg[/img]']

https%3A//i.imgur.com/oVjXkL1.jpg[/img]']

https%3A//i.imgur.com/KU9G4Gt.jpg[/img]']

·
Super Moderator
1,322 Posts
Ditto on the RDL. Have done several 1,000+ mile days and the seat is simply not a factor. That said getting an RDL into Europe is an utter and very, very expensive pain in the proverbial.

If RDL was my business I'd be looking at a) building complete seats and not merely altering the original and b) finding an outlet in Europe where there would, I'm sure, be rich pickings for this wonderful product.
Why changes something that is niche and works? Granted it takes a while before you get their product, but it's a hand built customized product and complaints about the final product is rarely heard.

·
Boom
715 Posts
If someone stole my RDL seat...I'd be calling the next day for the replacement.

·
Premium Member
602 Posts
RDL, added driver backrest and =6= logo embroidered in the passenger top case pad.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
380 Posts
Why changes something that is niche and works? Granted it takes a while before you get their product, but it's a hand built customized product and complaints about the final product is rarely heard.
I hear you. I don't suggest RDL change merely offer an enhanced service. It's normally a given in business, 'if you're standing still you're actually going backwards'?

Anyway I put my cash down on a new R1250 GSA today. The seat wasn't bad during my 4 hour test ride but have a feeling I'll be sending a seat off to Shasta Dam soon enough ;-)

·
Registered
5 Posts
May have been a topic already discussed. I briefly searched past threads, and didn't find exactly what I was looking for, so here goes:

Corbin vs. Russell Day-long.

Rider and pillion opinions please. New to the bike, but wasn't expecting to be saddle sore after just 2 hrs... and the wife says she's experiencing the apparently common sliding forward.

Been reading up on seats, and these two seem to be the top discussed for cross county comfort. Someone in a FB group I asked recommend a "local" place, but I think I'd prefer a company with a long history and a world wide reputation. Doesn't mean I'm set on that decision, so if anyone knows a company near the Chicago area, I'm open to check them out too.
What local place is near Chicago?

·
Registered
1 Posts
May have been a topic already discussed. I briefly searched past threads, and didn't find exactly what I was looking for, so here goes:

Rider and pillion opinions please. New to the bike, but wasn't expecting to be saddle sore after just 2 hrs... and the wife says she's experiencing the apparently common sliding forward.

Been reading up on seats, and these two seem to be the top discussed for cross county comfort. Someone in a FB group I asked recommend a "local" place, but I think I'd prefer a company with a long history and a world wide reputation. Doesn't mean I'm set on that decision, so if anyone knows a company near the Chicago area, I'm open to check them out too.

·
Registered
4 Posts

·
Registered
287 Posts
Awesome input! Thank you. I think the decision is made, lol!
I noticed that they conform to your needs. I'm not sure exactly what my "needs" are, other than more comfort... I do notice I naturally slouch while riding and find myself having to force a more of an upright comfortable position. I also "squirm" a lot, trying to find the right spot. How are they at translating what may work best for me?
Side note: I am a 32" inseam, and can flat foot w a slightly bent knee. (I think I may have a low seat) Not too worried about having to tip-toe.
When I submitted my build request I supplied pictures and gave ALL of my physical information. When you do decide look at the Magnum and know that the saddle is not cheap, dollar wise, but comfortable for hours on end and knowing the wife/pillion is comfy is enough for a closed deal. Jay is the best to discuss the build with. Also keep in mind the choice of fabric too.
Be well!

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
RDL without a doubt. Not even worthy of the question. It’s like asking do you like ice cream or baboon **** on your cone.
It's worthy of the question if you have an open mind. No matter, for those who don't want to dig further, the RDL is a worthy pick.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I got my first RDL about 6 months ago for 2018 1600B. Love it slo much I got one for my little VStrom 650. What I like about their seat is I never think about it. Their seat is a little higher but I started with the extra high seat and I don’t have a problem. I have 31” inseam. You slide forward In their seat to put your feet down. Takes a minute to get used to.

41 - 53 of 53 Posts