BMW K1600 Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a '12 GTL a few months back and for the first few weeks I kept finding blue fluff behind the rhs cubby. It'd appear after most higher speed rides and I though something had gotten pickup on on the road at dome point.

Anyway when replacing the air filter today I found the source, looks like a mouse had taken residence for a while !.

·
Registered
587 Posts
HAHAHA yeah, I'd say that looks distinctly mouse-like. Make very sure they did not damage other parts of the bike, they like to go after wiring and plastics too!

·
Registered
2,949 Posts
just went pop as it was blown out the exhaust

·
Techmeister
K1600GA
2,591 Posts
That happens in the North East all the time. I have a bag of smelly stuff for mice I put on the bike which has seemed to work. The material looks like cedar and smells awful.

·
Premium Member
7,162 Posts
I've had good luck repelling mice from my camper by dripping peppermint oil (not extract) on a cotton swab in an open pill bottle. I place several inside the camper and around the wiring of my lawn tractor.

·
Scammer Hammer
3,257 Posts
I keep mouse poison traps inside my garage.

My fingers are crossed....so far so good.

·
Registered
409 Posts
I was told dryer sheets work well also.Checking them out now,so far so good of coarse reg mouse traps as well caught 1 in garage and 9 in basement my record was 13 in 2010.

·
Registered
263 Posts
i've used dryer sheets wrapped around a chunk of charcoal. Seems to keep the mice at bay. Unsure if the charcoal helps or not - i'm told by some that dryer sheets alone will do the job..

·
Registered
979 Posts
Wasp spray works very good. Not an issue on my bike but on my Tundra. I hose the engine compartment down and no issues since.

This is where I got the idea. He uses it on his ST1300

1 - 10 of 10 Posts