BMW K1600 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Evening all, as Dixon would say...

I'm seriously considering leaving my Autocom, hard wired intercom set and moving to the Interide Avant unit. My understanding is they have better audio quality, two channel BT for better linking to phone/VI GPS etc and £320 for two units seem ok but I do like the fact I don't have the faff of charging the current unit it up, being bike powered, we just plug in and go. On the other hand, the gps audio via BT I'm having to use is crap and music, although infrequently used, is also crap.

Any information, observations, comments much appreciated.

Cheers
Rob

·
Registered
469 Posts
I‘ve no experience of the Interide Avant, but was a long time Autocom user - right from the earliest days when Tom Beman started the company - and I switched to a Bluetooth solution (Sena SRL in Shoei Neotec II's) a couple of years ago. Like you I was a fan of just plugging in and using a bike powered solution, but am now a firm convert to the benefits of BT systems.

Audio quality (and noise suppression) on the Sena system is superior to the Autocom, and the freedom to keep chatting to my wife when either of us is off the bike but still with helmets on, such as when we fill up and she walks in to the pay desk, is brilliant. I quickly got into a routine of putting the helmets on charge overnight when we’re travelling, but a full charge on the SRL's is marginal as to whether it will keep going for a (long) full day's use. Unfortunately the SRL doesn’t support charging in use (some other headsets do) so I carry a USB charge pack with us and plug both helmets into it when we stop for lunch if it’s going to be a long day.

Having made the swap, I wouldn’t go back.

·
Outta This World
1,744 Posts
I would never consider a wired system again. The convenience of Bt, the ability to move between machines, the ability to talk in a mesh (bike to bike) and the ability to have better audio, voice control of my devices, the choice of public or private discussions, etc, etc, etc.. yes, I have to charge the system but I also have to charge my phone so its not a big deal.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Is this the one you mean....
S3 Bluetooth motorcycle helmet speaker Headset

Becuse it looks like a copy of a Fodsport FX8
Fodsports Motorcycle Bluetooth Headset Intercom Wireless Helmet Interphone Communication Systems,6-8 People Connect,Waterproof,FM Radio (1FX8): Amazon.co.uk: Electronics

I would hate for you to pay over the odds for some clone copy.
We've had a set of Sena SMH5 for a few years and always been happy with them. Never had any problems, pretty much give a days riding when fully charged and easy to use. I keep thinking about replacing them with one of the newer Sena models 10/20 series maybe.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Evening all, as Dixon would say...

I'm seriously considering leaving my Autocom, hard wired intercom set and moving to the Interide Avant unit. My understanding is they have better audio quality, two channel BT for better linking to phone/VI GPS etc and £320 for two units seem ok but I do like the fact I don't have the faff of charging the current unit it up, being bike powered, we just plug in and go. On the other hand, the gps audio via BT I'm having to use is crap and music, although infrequently used, is also crap.

Any information, observations, comments much appreciated.

Cheers
Rob
Do you mean Interphone Avant?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts