BMW K1600 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
402 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody using a non-SRL Bluetooth system with a Shoei Neotech II (like a Sena 20S or other)? Were their any issues with the installation or the location of the main unit relative to the built in SRL components?

I currently have the SRL but want to use in ear monitors.

·
Premium Member
402 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Premium Member
2,218 Posts
BMW K1600 Bluetooth & Audio > Bluetooth Using Neotech II w/o SRL?

Shoei Neotech II with Sena 30K & Plug Up Custom Stereo Earplug Speakers ( https://www.plugup.com/custom_earplug_speakers_single_dual_driver_p/es22-3.5-4.5.htm ). No issues. Had no idea what I was missing until I stopped using helmet speakers. Sound is amazing.

Great means of bike to bike communication when riding close together in a group. All controls on K1600 Wonder Wheel work except volume. Volume adjusted from the Sena 30K.

Best,

Doc:tb:tb

·
Premium Member
46 Posts
Both the wife and I have the S20 and the Shoei Neotech II. Only thing a little different is that you have to mount the unit a little further back. Coming from the Shoei Qwest just took me a little while to get use to no big deal. Have any trouble PM me and I do what I can to help.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,648 Posts
I've got a new Neotec II at the first of September and have been seriously considering the SRL. I see that for an extra $100ish it can be converted to mesh and the idea that I can get in-ear speakers rather than helmet speakers might just push me off of dead center. My question is, do I need the SRL or the SRL II?

·
Premium Member
913 Posts
I ride in a group from time to time which changes in size and rider location so going to a mesh system was the way to go for us. The system I use is the Packtalk Bold and love it. Easy to swap between in helmet and in ear speakers.

If I did not ride in a group or always rode with the same few folks I probably would have gone with the plug and play with the SRL system with the Plug Up noted above.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts