BMW K1600 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,
I have a 2015 Exclusive with an Autocom system and Nav V, both with Bluetooth. I connect my Nav V to the Autocom system using Bluetooth and my iPhone to the Nav V, also with Bluetooth. My problem is that the iPhone keeps dropping off. Does anyone else have this problem? I also wondered if it is possible to link directly to the bike sound system using the BMW Bluetooth - but I don't seem to be able to link to that at all. Anyone have any ideas?
Regards

·
Premium Member
357 Posts
Hi All,
I have a 2015 Exclusive with an Autocom system and Nav V, both with Bluetooth. I connect my Nav V to the Autocom system using Bluetooth and my iPhone to the Nav V, also with Bluetooth. My problem is that the iPhone keeps dropping off. Does anyone else have this problem? I also wondered if it is possible to link directly to the bike sound system using the BMW Bluetooth - but I don't seem to be able to link to that at all. Anyone have any ideas?
Regards
You might want to do a search for this. You will find Gigabytes on it. Essentially ditch the BMW system, its a bl**dy nightmare. I connect to my phone to my Garmin VI, my Garmin to my Sena and my phone to my Sena. Job done. BMW in the bin where it belongs and for which BMW should hang their head in shame.

·
Premium Member
2,324 Posts
BT sound quality from bike audio is not good. You can pair bike audio and/or garmin nav audio to helmet headset via BT. You'll find most on the forum forego pairing the bike audio because sound quality is so poor. But it is shown how to do so if you choose in the owner's manual via the menu/wonderwheel. You might want to unpair everything and start over if you're having issues and that's the direction you want to go.

Reactions: K1600GTLScot

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You might want to do a search for this. You will find Gigabytes on it. Essentially ditch the BMW system, its a bl**dy nightmare. I connect to my phone to my Garmin VI, my Garmin to my Sena and my phone to my Sena. Job done. BMW in the bin where it belongs and for which BMW should hang their head in shame.
Thanks.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
BT sound quality from bike audio is not good. You can pair bike audio and/or garmin nav audio to helmet headset via BT. You'll find most on the forum forego pairing the bike audio because sound quality is so poor. But it is shown how to do so if you choose in the owner's manual via the menu/wonderwheel. You might want to unpair everything and start over if you're having issues and that's the direction you want to go.
Thanks.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I agree on BMW BT . Haven't been able to get that to pair with anything yet. I'm wondering if it makes any difference that order that you pair the Garmin to the iPhone and Autocom. I've just been experimenting in the garage, but nothing conclusive. Does anyone know if it can make a difference?

·
Registered
201 Posts
I have phone pared with Sena Headset and Bike pared with Sena Headset.

EVERYTIME I start a ride, the headset says pared and the bike shows pared ... but I hear NOTHING! I have to do the paring again, while riding (I've gotten good at this two step process from memory), then the radio communicates with the headset.

Once my 'free' year of Sirius XM service expires, later this month, I'll probably stop connecting Sena Headset to the Bike and just use my phone for audio.

·
Premium Member
357 Posts
I have phone pared with Sena Headset and Bike pared with Sena Headset.

EVERYTIME I start a ride, the headset says pared and the bike shows pared ... but I hear NOTHING! I have to do the paring again, while riding (I've gotten good at this two step process from memory), then the radio communicates with the headset.

Once my 'free' year of Sirius XM service expires, later this month, I'll probably stop connecting Sena Headset to the Bike and just use my phone for audio.
It says something about BMW who feel able to continue marketing an audio system that frankly does not work....even with BMW BT headsets in any meaningful way. Though I understand that BMW may have withdrawn this gash system from new bikes in certain markets.

I use Sena/Schuberth equipement on both our helmets connecting to the Nav6 and phone then using a RC4 remote for the rider and an RC3 for my good lady velcro'd into the handle well of the pannier. The system now works perfectly controlling volume, track, intercomm et al with ease dumping the unbelievably naff BMW System.

·
Registered
11 Posts
On the older K16's I found the Tunai Firefly (you'll find them on Amazon & elsewhere for around £30) to fit the K16's connections perfectly and work really well with the existing USB/3.5mm audio-setup, enabling bluetooth functionality to work well from most Smartphones - just thought I'd mention it here.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts