BMW K1600 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,921 Posts
My mic seems to have died. Does anyone know if I can just replace the boom mic?
Autocom does a reasonable microphone (don't know the specs, but maybe comparable though my last one came a s a flat disc and foam cover). Starcom headset had a similar mike on boom

·
Premium Member
2,493 Posts
It just plugs into the control board under the helmet liner. I would assume you can just order that part and re install.

·
Registered
174 Posts
My mic seems to have died. Does anyone know if I can just replace the boom mic?
Yep, mine did the same. Try the dealer for the warranty replacement first, otherwise it was something like $35.

·
Registered
6,117 Posts
Ther are separate BMW part numbers for the individual pieces, including the boom mic.

For example, the Boom Mic for the BMW System 6 helmet is part # 76 51 7 723 986.

You just have to find a BMW parts guy that knows his stuff and can look up which one fits your helmet.

Reactions: Mole999

·
Premium Member
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks, everyone. I've got my c3 pro mostly torn apart, but struggling a bit with the white styrofoam over the wires section. When I originally got the helmet after my C3 was stolen in transit to Schuberth, I paid my local parts guy $50 to install it on the side, but he's since moved out of state. I would like to order just the stock one. I will check with my new parts guy on Tuesday.

Thanks,

Chris

·
Premium Member
2,493 Posts
IIRC, lift it slightly and rotate it toward the front of the helmet. It has a lip that sits under the main, upper section. Kinda locking it in place.

·
Premium Member
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Back to this. My parts guy at RideNow (formerly Victory BMW) says it's not available and he even called BMW. He is willing to help though. Does anyone have a part number? My next move is to call Phil at Schuberth.

The helmet is a 2xl C3Pro

Thanks,

Chris

1 - 8 of 8 Posts