BMW K1600 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any forum members replaced the long, cheap looking (IMHO) standard aerial with something more aesthetically pleasing? If so, what did you use please?
Bob

·
Registered
39 Posts
Yep, stubby... I cant remember the company name off hand, can check when I get home from work. American company, made of aluminum I think. Direct replacement, Very short, looks great... I changed because kept getting hooked on bike cover...I dont use radio so not sure how good the reception is.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi Donny, thanks for that. Found their web site but unfortunately shipping is “expensive”. No UK or European agents either.....

·
Registered
107 Posts
$18 at local auto parts. Local reception good, not so good on road between major towns.
98C0E95F-7CE7-4574-BD24-747CC9A6B067.jpeg
BBE7C366-BC6B-4FFE-BD77-856FA13269D1.jpeg
98C0E95F-7CE7-4574-BD24-747CC9A6B067.jpeg

·
Premium Member
289 Posts
Got mine of Amazon in the UK cost less than a tenner, there are a number of them just look under car aerial

·
Premium Member
289 Posts
Good morning Ross... how do you find reception using the shorter antenna?
To be honest Bob I don't use the radio much, but when I have there has been no problem with reception. I guess if you are in a poor reception area it may cut out a bit sooner than the oem one but I suspect in the majority of the UK it will be fine.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
To be honest Bob I don't use the radio much, but when I have there has been no problem with reception. I guess if you are in a poor reception area it may cut out a bit sooner than the oem one but I suspect in the majority of the UK it will be fine.
Thanks for that. I will look on Amazon and get something suitable.
Thanks again.

·
Premium Member
41 Posts
I don’t have one on the bike yet but did get a great stubby for my F-250 on Amazon. I was dragging the stock antenna in parking ga/rages that I just barely fit in. 😬

Around $25, made by a company in Oregon. the reception is good, I live in a marginal coverage area and no problems at all. So I would recommend trying the short antennas.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Stubby on Amazon UK not listec and in European dealers it is £35 plus silly money for shipping......

·
Registered
261 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
The Original Stubby by Cravenspeed (Portland, OR, USA), is $25 shipped to USA locations; milled from aluminum to match the OEM base exactly - thus it looks good. Some of these others have the same threaded lug but the base is too large so it makes the bike look hoopty. If all you want to do is get rid of the wig waggy wip antennae, just unscrew it and then figure out what to do with the hole and the brass conductive pad.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts