BMW K1600 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I LIVE IN SYRACUSE NY . IM TRYING TO FIND A GOOD BMW MECHANIC IN THE AREA. CLOSEST BMW DEALER IS 120 MILES AWAY.

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
You'll be lucky when the closest BMW dealer is 120miles away. Mine is similar which is why I learn to do most maintenance. I also own a trailer just in case

·
Registered
670 Posts
Max is a decent dealer. I have only used them for warranty work, but have been satisfied with their service.

·
Premium Member
2,144 Posts
CLOSEST BMW DEALER IS 120 MILES AWAY.
CANNOT TELL IF YOU ARE BRAGGING OR COMPLAINING. EITHER WAY, CONSIDER YOURSELF LUCKY. MINE IS OVER 620 MILES AWAY.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i guess im spoiled as I also have a harley davidson dealships 4 dealers within 60 miles. of course im also not in North Dakota lol.

·
Premium Member
2,144 Posts
i guess im spoiled as I also have a harley davidson dealships 4 dealers within 60 miles. of course im also not in North Dakota lol.
Within five miles of my home: Honda, Yamaha, Kawasaki, & Harley Davidson. No BMW, however. :cautious:

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
Well, I'm thinking about this and there's a reason. Either HD sales are really good around there or they really need dealer support!

·
Premium Member
2,144 Posts
Well, I'm thinking about this and there's a reason. Either HD sales are really good around there or they really need dealer support!
I will have you know that 90% of all Harley's ever made are still on the road!

The other 10% have made it home...

·
Premium Member
5,775 Posts
My closest BMW dealer is 100 miles away in Scottsdale. I only use them for warranty work and the occasional valve gap inspection. I have a Kendon trailer so I set up an early appointment and trailer the bike down so that the engine is cold for the inspection. My wife usually has a shopping list whenever we go to the Phoenix area so that pursuit will kill more than enough time for the service to be completed.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
My closest BMW dealer is 100 miles away in Scottsdale. I only use them for warranty work and the occasional valve gap inspection. I have a Kendon trailer so I set up an early appointment and trailer the bike down so that the engine is cold for the inspection. My wife usually has a shopping list whenever we go to the Phoenix area so that pursuit will kill more than enough time for the service to be completed.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
yeah I have an enclosed trailer just been spoiled always having a Harley dealer close by for my Harley . this dealer is 120 miles away also I have found some good mechanics with small shops kinda what I was seeking out. Like you said only have to go there for certain things like yoU I can do some of my own mainentance . thanks for the input everybody . shinny side up (y):cool:

·
Premium Member
2,144 Posts

·
Premium Member
59 Posts
There is only ONE answer in the New York State area....DAN USACK!!!
He just DELIVERED my bike last night.He is the best and does it all...Electrical,mechanical,motor,paint,set up...I would not trust my bike to anyone else.Remember,at a dealership,lots of overhead,and its all about volume.They need to "get it off the lift,and get the next one in"
Dan treats every machine like it his own and his wife is going to ride it.He wont let you go wrong.He has a wealth of experience,and ability.He also owns and rides 2 BMWs of his own,one being a K1600.He knows what he is talking about.Feel free to call me at (585) 739-0354 if you have any questions

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
There is only ONE answer in the New York State area....DAN USACK!!!
He just DELIVERED my bike last night.He is the best and does it all...Electrical,mechanical,motor,paint,set up...I would not trust my bike to anyone else.Remember,at a dealership,lots of overhead,and its all about volume.They need to "get it off the lift,and get the next one in"
Dan treats every machine like it his own and his wife is going to ride it.He wont let you go wrong.He has a wealth of experience,and ability.He also owns and rides 2 BMWs of his own,one being a K1600.He knows what he is talking about.Feel free to call me at (585) 739-0354 if you have any questions
Thanks for the info that's the guy from horsehead ny correct ?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts