BMW K1600 Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
524 Posts
My quick mark 1 eyeball of the information seems to suggest that's its not compatible with the K1600..... I could be wrong though.

Reactions: MountainGT

·
Premium Member
524 Posts
Yes, it isn't crystal clear which units they are referring to.

·
Registered
939 Posts
This is essentially bringing the Connected App technology to those bikes that have been fitted with a BMW navigation cradle e.g. the GS/XR1000 range etc.

So, instead of fitting their BMW Nav Vi into the cradle you can buy a bracket and fit your phone in the cradle.

Its an upgrade path for older bikes and new GS/XR1000 bikes etc. that have the 6.5" TFT installed.

I can't see it fitting a K16 unless you were able to fit the navigation cradle somewhere on the bike,

It is good news in that BMW are still investing heavily in the Connected App which means the TFT technology coming to the K16 will be better.

·
Premium Member
202 Posts
Not a huge surprise, it’s not for the K1600, I’ve been lucky with the GPS, mine hasn’t needed to be replaced yet.
Here’s the offical press realise, it says
as well as models equipped with Multi-Controller and the option of retrofitting the navigation preparation via the BMW Motorrad workshop system
(except R 1200 RT, R 1250 RT, K 1600 models).

Motor vehicle Communication Device Font Gadget Screenshot
Font Material property Screenshot Parallel Paper
Font Parallel Screenshot Number Document

·
Registered
520 Posts
I think its an option for some but not for me because I prefer to keep my phone in my pocket so if I'm in an accident my phone is on my body instead of on the bike or along the side of the road where I don't have access to it. When I hit a deer and then a car my NAV V was no where to be found but my cell phone was in my pocket intact and available to call for help.

·
Registered
939 Posts
I think its an option for some but not for me because I prefer to keep my phone in my pocket so if I'm in an accident my phone is on my body instead of on the bike or along the side of the road where I don't have access to it. When I hit a deer and then a car my NAV V was no where to be found but my cell phone was in my pocket intact and available to call for help.
That's exactly the reason why I have a bike phone for my R1250RT and a personal phone.

As a general nugget of information Santa is bring me a Samsung Galaxy Watch 4, which is a phone on my wrist.

What it also has is a SOS feature, like what is available as an option on new BMW's

If my phone detects a fall it will send an SOS to my wife along with by GPS co-ordinates. That's pretty smart.

·
Registered
476 Posts
That's exactly the reason why I have a bike phone for my R1250RT and a personal phone.

As a general nugget of information Santa is bring me a Samsung Galaxy Watch 4, which is a phone on my wrist.

What it also has is a SOS feature, like what is available as an option on new BMW's

If my phone detects a fall it will send an SOS to my wife along with by GPS co-ordinates. That's pretty smart.
Then we can refer toyou as Dick Tracy.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts