BMW K1600 Forum banner
21 - 28 of 28 Posts
Discussion starter · #21 ·
OK, So...I just received a personal M1 MacBook Pro from work. I haven't installed much on it. But also recently received a refurbished Nav VI from Garmin due to mine going wonky on my trip to Florida a couple of weeks ago. I've got a bunch of USB cables hanging about and the first two I tried behaved exactly the same as what you are seeing. I downloaded both Basecamp and Express. With the first two cables, I could see the GPS had power, but it wasn't putting it into the disk mode. The third cable I tried, bingo! The Nav VI unit came up with the connected screen and Express told me it had located a new device and asked if I wanted to connect to it.

I suspect it's your cable at this point because I can verify that it will connect properly.
View attachment 148614
This is great news!!!! Exactly the same to me.
So you also changed the provided garmin cable? and which dongle?

Hey all, Happy New Year.

Just bought the Navigator VI and I have a Macbook Pro M1 2020. I use the Apple's USB-C male - USB female (MJ1M2ZM/A) adapter and still can't link it to mass storage. It only charges it.
I tried to access the hidden menu and change to mass storage, but no luck again.
Does anyone have this problem?
Change the cable, even if you are using the original. This has happened to me and a change of cable worked.....my two penneth....good luck

Discussion starter · #25 ·
hey,
Thank you all for the advices. The problem is with the dongle. I bought a Baseus USB C to HDMI and USB A port hub and works as charm.
There is no problem with the connectivity of the Navigator 6 and the Basecamp in my M1 Macbook Pro. It runs fast and smoothly.
If anyone is interested in the future, pm me.

Cheers

OK, So...I just received a personal M1 MacBook Pro from work. I haven't installed much on it. But also recently received a refurbished Nav VI from Garmin due to mine going wonky on my trip to Florida a couple of weeks ago. I've got a bunch of USB cables hanging about and the first two I tried behaved exactly the same as what you are seeing. I downloaded both Basecamp and Express. With the first two cables, I could see the GPS had power, but it wasn't putting it into the disk mode. The third cable I tried, bingo! The Nav VI unit came up with the connected screen and Express told me it had located a new device and asked if I wanted to connect to it.

I suspect it's your cable at this point because I can verify that it will connect properly.
View attachment 148614
Are you using some sort of hub to allow USB connection to Thunderbolt4? My Nav VI connects to my PC (Windows 11) without issue. Using the same cable I use on my PC to connect to a new MacBook Pro via a CalDigit hub, the Nav VI is not recognised. The USB cable is not stamped with "Garmin" so I am not sure it is the original cable. Do I spot a CalDigit in the background?

Are you using some sort of hub to allow USB connection to Thunderbolt4? My Nav VI connects to my PC (Windows 11) without issue. Using the same cable I use on my PC to connect to a new MacBook Pro via a CalDigit hub, the Nav VI is not recognised. The USB cable is not stamped with "Garmin" so I am not sure it is the original cable. Do I spot a CalDigit in the background?
Interestingly, my Garmin Sumo 595, using the same cable, connected first time!

Product Font Gadget Handheld game console Video game console

21 - 28 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.