BMW K1600 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Since I'm from Europe, my interest would be to rent in Canada or the USA, but no listings there.

Are there companies renting BMW K1600's in North America? Most rentals only have Harley's and BMW boxers (RT or GS).

·
Premium Member
1,213 Posts
Obviously, based on these posts my google fu was weak, but several years ago, on a last trip I took to Europe, my wife was working and her company let me tag along, so I did Switzerland, Western Germany and Northern Italy by myself and had great fun. Because she could only do the weekends, we were going to rent BMWs to just ride on our own, but we couldn't find anyone to just rent the bikes unless you booked a tour, and we weren't in position to do that. Harleys, as you state, but no BMWs, at least in Switzerland, where we were staying. Are they so popular that you have to try to rent a year in advance because of the scheduled tours which fill up quickly?

We're going back for our 30th anniversary in '22, and she wants to ride, but she's very independent, and doesn't want to be wedded to a tour group. She's not flighty, but does like to change the itinerary. Anyone else had a conversation with their SO start out like this: "You know, I've been thinking...." 😁

We'd just like to rent BMWs and do our own thing. From these responses, I'm thinking we maybe fly into Germany, ride to our hotel in Switzerland, and then just ride back to Deutschland to return them when we're finished.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts