BMW K1600 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
149 Posts
To be honest I suspect a lot of the dealerships will be closing their businesses temporarily anyway meaning they can't do the recalls.

I'm still waiting by the way.

·
Premium Member
1,115 Posts
Most likely the parts warehouses will be affected as well. I will probably hold off from taking my bike in tomorrow (for the recall) unless the dealer can assure me that the parts will be there.

With weather getting warmer and less traffic on the roads, I do not want to be without the bike for an unknown amount of time - possibly months.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Heard about this on Thursday last week. I currently have a new B on factory order, so called the UK dealer on Friday. He confirmed that my bike had been built earlier that week & is now with the carrier to the UK expected in 7-10 days. I wonder if it makes it & whether the dealer will still be open when & if it does!

·
Registered
337 Posts
My 2020 GTL just arrived with UK Dealer and is now being held there as the UK goes into Lockdown tonight.

Frankly, it’s irrelevant as we face a much, much bigger challenge.

At least the entire UK is now on Lockdown so we now have a starting point where the numbers infected/dying (sadly) will continue to rise ........hopefully though we may see signs of that rise slowing/flattening, although how far away that is, hard to see that far ahead, however “far” that is.

It’s a relief..... Lockdown gives us a chance.

Staggering to think The World is being brought to its knees by a virus .......how fragile we are, yet we kid ourselves that we are the masters of the earth.

Tough times for all. Do your bit folks. We need to slow this thing.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Watching UK tv now, showing Spanish Hospital with all 800 beds taken by Covid Virus Patients .....24 Doctors are amongst those who have died? [email protected] me ......really? My business along with most others in UK shut tonight after Government Lockdown ........so, we are finally following in the steps of other countries - better late than never!

·
Premium Member
864 Posts
I wonder how this will affect the Transmission recall as well as the other bikes BMW has problems with? I'm glad I got mine done.
My dealer as of last Thursday swore that tney had only gotten in one parts "kit" to do one K1600, that they had a long list of customors clamoring for the recall, and that it wasn't really a kit they received in that all the parts weren't shipped together, they then had to wait on the rest, and moreover, unlike the internal memo they sent to dealers, the new tools to do the job weren't included. I'm still getting a full dose of "we have no idea; we can't get the parts."

As others have said, however, BMW halting production temporarily is to be expected, and while the economy is important, you can't run units with parts supply chain issues, and people's health is the most critical problem right now.

·
Registered
176 Posts
The virus and tranny recall is really going to impact the remaining 2019s and 2020s. It seems when MY 2021 gets here, they’ll still be plenty of 2019 & 2020s in inventory. Unless MY21 has some great new features (like a redesigned dash with TFT screen, Apple Car Play, etc), there'd be no reason to buy a ‘21 over a ’19 or ‘20.

·
Premium Member
2,369 Posts
"The virus and tranny recall is really going to impact the remaining 2019s and 2020s. there'd be no reason to buy a ‘21 over a ’19 or ‘20."

I have been saying the same about my 2012! I love just about everything about her and have seen nothing in any of the new bikes that would get me to trade. In fact, because I have so much free time, I finally gave her a bath. Wow !!

·
Premium Member
1,115 Posts
I was just informed that the dealer I was going to take my B to today (for the recall repair) is closing for at least the next 2 weeks.

I suspect we will start to see more of this.

·
Premium Member
864 Posts
Our local Indian dealer just went to ”appointment only“ for sales and service.
Yep. Major dealer Bob's BMW in the Baltimore area sent out an email yesterday, and another explanatory one today, doing the same.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I was just informed that the dealer I was going to take my B to today (for the recall repair) is closing for at least the next 2 weeks.

I suspect we will start to see more of this.
Most likely. At least on the sales side as that's probably not an essential business. Repair might be.

Friend of mine just bought a used 2018 GTL, but of course the recall hasn't been done. Dealer told him three weeks. Guess we'll see. Sucks for him that he sold his 2012 to me already. Haha! Well..., he does also have a V-rod, so at least he can ride.

·
Premium Member
1,115 Posts
Aerostich is closing for at least 2 weeks due to mandatory govt order.

I ordered a pair of AD1 pants yesterday and was told that delivery will likely be in May.

Funny that liquor stores in MN are not being required to close.🍹

1 - 17 of 17 Posts