BMW K1600 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
£396.85 to renew warranty on a 2014 K1600GT 43000 miles.
Exactly the same price as last year.
Fair value I think.
Interested in your thoughts please

Sent from my SM-J600FN using Tapatalk

·
Registered
434 Posts
Not sure for how long is your coverage, but if it is for 3 more years, it is a steal. Here the dealer would charge today around 1600.00 for 3 and unlimited. When the time comes, I will shop for other options. Happy riding....!!!!

·
Premium Member
163 Posts
Fair value I think.

Just got my reminder today, mines down as £397.85 though!!

I'll probably take up the offer, but might enquire about the excess you can pay being £0, £50 or a £100 and see if that affects the annual cost.
I've got untill the 30th of this month to decide.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Fair value I think.

Just got the renewal for my two year old R1200GS Rallye in Western Australia came out at AUD$109.00 At today's rate that equates to GBP55.15p. Not apples for apples, sorry!

·
Premium Member
214 Posts
This may be common knowledge for some, but I purchased my 2016 K1600 privately. The warranty just expired last month. I was at the original dealer (of the bike) and inquired about extending it. They said can't do....since I wasn't the original owner. I haven't dived into this yet but do I have any option of purchasing my own policy from any of these companies? I did call one that was mentioned on a previous thread (can't remember the company, maybe Zurich) and they just stopped insuring the K1600 last year. Shy of doing more homework, which I will do, anyone have any direct knowledge of not getting coverage when not original owner.

·
Premium Member
466 Posts
All I can say about extended warranties is READ THE FINE PRINT. My dealership just changed warranty companies from RPMONE to EXPERT POWERSPORTS. In the fine print they'll only pay $5000 towards an engine failure. $3000 towards a transmission and $1500 towards a final drive problem. $5000 won't even cover a short block never mind the labor to change it out. The dealership thinks this new warranty company is great. Oh and did I mention they want $1700 for a 5 year plan where most other warranty companies are asking $1200 for better coverage for a 5 year plan.

I wish all you other guys from the USA would chime in on which warranty company your dealership is providing because I'd like to purchase a decent warranty and it doesn't matter who I buy it from as long as it's a BMW dealership.

·
Registered
205 Posts
This may be common knowledge for some, but I purchased my 2016 K1600 privately. The warranty just expired last month. I was at the original dealer (of the bike) and inquired about extending it. They said can't do....since I wasn't the original owner. I haven't dived into this yet but do I have any option of purchasing my own policy from any of these companies? I did call one that was mentioned on a previous thread (can't remember the company, maybe Zurich) and they just stopped insuring the K1600 last year. Shy of doing more homework, which I will do, anyone have any direct knowledge of not getting coverage when not original owner.
Worth having a read here

1 - 10 of 10 Posts