BMW K1600 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Outta This World
1,744 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just got back from Bobcaygeon Bikefest. For those of you in Ontario its going to end up like Dover but with a smaller crowd. Lots of people/bikes of course, I would say in the many hundreds of bikes but I didn't walk that many streets. I only saw three BMWs there. Two of them were K1600s

Mine and a beautiful bagger, hopefully it belongs to a forum member

There were actually more Aprilias there than BMWs.. WTH.

Within a few minutes of parking I had several guys walk up and start asking questions, mostly about how I liked the bike but also a few mechanical questions. No sooner did I finish answering those questions than another guy walks up.. repeat, repeat. I didn't leave the bike for about 25 minutes as people kept asking about it, I guess that is what happens when you park a big k-bike in a sea of ultra glides/classics/softails/etc..

Anyhow, beautiful day, great weather, great riding.

Attachments

·
Outta This World
1,744 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've had mine parked also but not on the main drag.
Was that one yours or you mean GTL? I walked all of the streets there as my wife is unfortunately addicted to shopping in Bobcaygeon. The bike in the picture was I believe past the bridge area. Mine was up on the main drag, I typically just drive to the middle and stuff the bike into a spot.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Just got back from Bobcaygeon Bikefest. For those of you in Ontario its going to end up like Dover but with a smaller crowd. Lots of people/bikes of course, I would say in the many hundreds of bikes but I didn't walk that many streets. I only saw three BMWs there. Two of them were K1600s

Mine and a beautiful bagger, hopefully it belongs to a forum member

There were actually more Aprilias there than BMWs.. WTH.

Within a few minutes of parking I had several guys walk up and start asking questions, mostly about how I liked the bike but also a few mechanical questions. No sooner did I finish answering those questions than another guy walks up.. repeat, repeat. I didn't leave the bike for about 25 minutes as people kept asking about it, I guess that is what happens when you park a big k-bike in a sea of ultra glides/classics/softails/etc..

Anyhow, beautiful day, great weather, great riding.
I’ve gone on a few rides where it’s a sea of Harley’s and possibly one Honda and one Beemer. The funny part is realizing that we were also the only ones in full technical riding gear as opposed to cut off tshirts and half helmets

·
Outta This World
1,744 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I’ve gone on a few rides where it’s a sea of Harley’s and possibly one Honda and one Beemer. The funny part is realizing that we were also the only ones in full technical riding gear as opposed to cut off tshirts and half helmets
During the ride on this thread I parked directly across from the band on my first pass through. The lead singer was giving me the 'wth' eye while she was singing some rock thing as I was getting unsuited. I am used to the look. But then every once in while you get that hardcore biker sporting full colors who stops and wants to have a real conversation. Its all good.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts