BMW K1600 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,016 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there something going wrong at Bob's BMW. My wife ordered a helmet 3 weeks ago. She was given a tracking number that said the helmet was to be delivered that Saturday. Something was delivered but to a different city. She emailed Monday and got a new tracking number that Wednesday. As of today Fed-Ex says they do not have the package.

Reactions: Geoff_3

·
Premium Member
6,366 Posts
We have had 2 separate package delivery SNAFUs in the past couple weeks. One was a package from Ebay via UPS that "supposedly" was delivered to us per the UPS tracking system but never was. After exhaustive contacts to UPS, PayPal and the seller who never responded to our inquiries and who quickly stopped showing up on Ebay PayPal came through with a refund. During the search UPS provided us with an address a few miles away where the package "really got delivered to" I went to that address and talked to the elderly folks who were very friendly and I felt honest and they said they never got it either.

Yesterday we were notified that a package ordered from Walmart was delivered via the US Post Service, It wasn't . My wife checked with our local post office and they said the tracking that they have access to showed it still half way across the country. The tracking we can access says it was delivered.

There is something fishy going on out there.

·
Premium Member
68 Posts
I ordered an item for the K-bike. It was from another country. It was held up in customs. The shipping contact was able to spring it free. It's weird these days.

·
Premium Member
4,016 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Our concern is we are not getting a response from Bob’s BMW since last week

·
Premium Member
4,016 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
We have had 2 separate package delivery SNAFUs in the past couple weeks. One was a package from Ebay via UPS that "supposedly" was delivered to us per the UPS tracking system but never was. After exhaustive contacts to UPS, PayPal and the seller who never responded to our inquiries and who quickly stopped showing up on Ebay PayPal came through with a refund. During the search UPS provided us with an address a few miles away where the package "really got delivered to" I went to that address and talked to the elderly folks who were very friendly and I felt honest and they said they never got it either.

Yesterday we were notified that a package ordered from Walmart was delivered via the US Post Service, It wasn't . My wife checked with our local post office and they said the tracking that they have access to showed it still half way across the country. The tracking we can access says it was delivered.

There is something fishy going on out there.
Jim I know about the USPS problems. They have cut staff do to the virus. Some of the distribution centers are running at 1/3 staff

·
Registered
200 Posts
Is there something going wrong at Bob's BMW. My wife ordered a helmet 3 weeks ago. She was given a tracking number that said the helmet was to be delivered that Saturday. Something was delivered but to a different city. She emailed Monday and got a new tracking number that Wednesday. As of today Fed-Ex says they do not have the package.
Why not call Bob's BMW instead of relying on email to communicate? Bob's has an outstanding reputation and has been around for a lot of years so I'm sure if you call you can get the issue resolved quickly.

·
Premium Member
706 Posts
Why not call Bob's BMW instead of relying on email to communicate? Bob's has an outstanding reputation and has been around for a lot of years so I'm sure if you call you can get the issue resolved quickly.
^^^^^^ This. I've stopped by the store a couple of times when I've been traveling in the east. Wonderful folks who are excited to hear about someone's adventures.

·
Premium Member
4,016 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
She has and it just goes to voice mail. This is why I asked the question. Bob's has always been one of the dealers that I have relied on.

·
Registered
2,059 Posts
I just called them and they answered immediately

·
Premium Member
4,016 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
My wife finally got to talk to someone. The person that they sent the helmet to has not sent it back. Until that happens there is nothing that they will do. So the customer is left holding the bag.

·
Registered
936 Posts
My wife finally got to talk to someone. The person that they sent the helmet to has not sent it back. Until that happens there is nothing that they will do. So the customer is left holding the bag.
That's nuts. You're right in the first post, there is something wrong with Bob's BMW.

·
Registered
379 Posts
Call your credit card company and dispute the charge. Indicate you never received the product ordered......I bet they will fix it.

·
Premium Member
4,016 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
We know how to do that but my wife needs the helmet. If they have not gotten it straightened out by the time we get back from vacation we will dispute the charge.
It just makes me and her mad as we both worked in customer service at different times.
As Tom Martino says " Anyone can shine if nothing goes wrong. But when something goes wrong that is the time to shine." This company is not shining they are looking like mud.

·
Premium Member
6,366 Posts
When I ran customer service at the Ruger factory, here in Prescott, it was enjoyable to talk to an irate customer and then work things out for them turning them into a happy customer. We would do most anything to satisfy their problem. I wouldn't always follow the company guidelines but would do the "right thing". I'm sure we made a lot of them into life long Ruger fans and sold them more firearms in the process.

With that said there were some that you just couldn't make happy but they were few and far between.

When social media kicked in that made for some careful decisions in a lot of areas in our business.

·
Premium Member
4,016 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
This would never have gone so far if the customer service representatives had followed up and Talked to my wife or responded to emails.
When I was a Operations Manager if something like this came up I forgot about the cost and made sure that the customer was happy.
This is a lesson on what not to do. You do not ignore the customer you treat them as you want to be treated.

Reactions: AZK1600GTL

·
Registered
55 Posts
Did Bob's send it to the wrong address or did the delivery company screw up? Doesn't make a big difference but if they didn't have another helmet in stock they may think it's quicker waiting for the return than try and get another one.

·
Premium Member
4,016 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Bob's sent it to the wrong address and they don't have another Schuberth C3 Pro Women's in stock.

·
Registered
936 Posts
Bob's sent it to the wrong address and they don't have another Schuberth C3 Pro Women's in stock.
Well, that probably explains why they hav to wait for it to come back. I think Schuberth has discontinued the C3 Women's Pro, not sure, so they might not be able to get another one. That said, if I was in charge at Bob's I would refund your money immediately and send the helmet for free as soon as it came back in.

1 - 20 of 57 Posts