BMW K1600 Forum banner

21 - 40 of 57 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,016 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
That is what I would have done when I was in business.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Offer a refund immediately? Absolutely
Offer the helmet at a discounted price once they get it back? Definitely
Offer to refund the money and send someone the helmet once they get it back? Not in today's age of slim margins and zero loyalty. Companies go out of there way to please their customers and then lose the next purchase because they are pennies more expensive than someplace else. Asking companies to be loyal when customers have zero loyalty is futile.

Reactions: Bigdawg

·
Registered
936 Posts
Just out of curiosity, I looked on the Revzilla website and saw they have C3 Pro Women's helmets on close out pricing. Limited colors and sizes, but very good price. My wife and I have C3 Pro helmets and like them a lot.

·
Boom
683 Posts
I placed an order last fall, then was notified the item was not in stock, cancelled the order...and months later the order showed up anyway. I had already ordered and received from another company who did have it in stock.

·
Upside Down
1,373 Posts
Jim I know about the USPS problems. They have cut staff do to the virus. Some of the distribution centers are running at 1/3 staff
Welcome to the Australian Government lol. Thye have been cutting jobs and staff for years before privatization, One thing COVID has done is make a lot of western countries think twice who they deal with these days.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Well, that probably explains why they hav to wait for it to come back. I think Schuberth has discontinued the C3 Women's Pro, not sure, so they might not be able to get another one. That said, if I was in charge at Bob's I would refund your money immediately and send the helmet for free as soon as it came back in.
I agree....I'm surprised Bob's didn't take this course of action. They should have at least refunded the OP's money immediately since they dropped the ball and shipped the helmet to the wrong address. What happens if whoever received the helmet fails to return it? I would call back and ask to speak to Bob because their customer service rep response is unacceptable to hold the money hostage until a third party returns the helmet. I'm not sure I would even want the helmet after it's been in the possession of a third party. Did they try it on? Did they wear on a ride of a 100 miles? It may no longer be considered a new helmet if the person that received it used it in any way.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Is there something going wrong at Bob's BMW. My wife ordered a helmet 3 weeks ago. She was given a tracking number that said the helmet was to be delivered that Saturday. Something was delivered but to a different city. She emailed Monday and got a new tracking number that Wednesday. As of today Fed-Ex says they do not have the package.
Something is going on this area: Greenbelt, College Park, Silver Spring, etc. Our company has had numerous checks stolen from the USPS and a laptop reported as delivered twice and we still have not seen it (FedEx).

·
Registered
501 Posts
I am so surprised ! I got few items from them to NJ, no problems at all. Email response is great too. Bob's should order another helmet from another online store even at a lose, just to make you happy.....period.

·
Q
5,302 Posts
Bob's sent it to the wrong address and they don't have another Schuberth C3 Pro Women's in stock.
Thats not your problem and I would surely remind them of that when I called them for my money back.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Don't know if it is BOBs, Of late I have had a number of screw ups from Fed Ex as well as the USPS. Dealings with Bob's in the past have not had these issues.

·
Registered
70 Posts
A lot of chaos is occurring in shipping I believe. A few weeks ago a queen size memory foam mattress showed up on our porch. The addressee was in a town about 45 miles from us and only minor similarities existed with our address. Anyway, it was clearly an Amazon shipment - and when I contacted them to have it picked up and re-directed the reply I received was “No problem, you can keep it. We will make sure the original purchaser receives (another of) what they ordered”. WTF? If that’s how they handle screw ups we are all in for higher prices on everything to cover the losses. Unbelievable.
Good luck getting a resolution with Bob’s BMW.

·
Premium Member
943 Posts
I've interacted with Bob's a few times. In general I think they are a good shop that we are fortunate to have as part of our dealer network.

I do think this situation highlights one of their areas where they don't always shine and that is their online store. I hope they get there as they are generally a good and reputable place but I've given up on buying items from the. Though they sometimes have excellent prices what they show in stock does not match what is actually in stock too often. I'm not talking about something like Revzilla where it shows in stock but that means a warehouse but not in their store but literally not in stock and not available. This happened four times with me at Bob's. They were very friendly and did offer a refund but unfortunately the items were clearance items that I could have gotten other places when I ordered from Bob's but those other places had sold out in my sizes other places by the time I contacted Bob's to find out why nothing had shipped in a week or more.

When things are in stock and go well my online ordering from them is quite good. Unfortunately, when items were not in stock though they showed in stock I was not notified and by the time they followed up with my inquiry of status I lost my chance to get good savings elsewhere.

I try to support the stores that sell our bikes. I figure it helps both of us. Unfortunately, I can no longer do this with Bob's. I'd buy a bike from them in a heartbeat. If I was inclined to call and make sure something was in stock I think it would still work okay but my situations and iride4u experienced were too common for me. They just are not quite able to deliver in the way other stores like Sierra BMW, A&S and others can when it comes to online retail from BMW motorcycle stores.

I won't say they are terrible because they are not. They are just not as capable of dealing with a situation that does not go as planned as well as other have demonstrated when it comes to online retail. May be good to really good at bike sales, service and buying an extended warranty but online sales is tough when going up against some tough competition.

·
Premium Member
4,016 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
Still no word from Bobs but the tracking number is moving. It was supposed to be delivered yesterday now tomorrow. Just poor customer service on Bobs part.

·
Premium Member
4,016 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
A box arrived today but since we are away we don’t know what condition it is in. Still no response from Bobs

·
Registered
13 Posts
I was told good things about these guys from other folks and tried to order some bar backs for the Grand America. They never responded to my email. I waited a day and nothing, I found it at Sierra BMW and the order was processed immediately. Also when emailing them they got right back to me. To me, be it email or anything else, a slow or non-response is an overall example of poor customer service. I am skeptical of them now and may have to visit in person to see if there it is just the parts department that is poorly run.

·
Premium Member
2,106 Posts
I was told good things about these guys from other folks and tried to order some bar backs for the Grand America. They never responded to my email. I waited a day and nothing, I found it at Sierra BMW and the order was processed immediately. Also when emailing them they got right back to me. To me, be it email or anything else, a slow or non-response is an overall example of poor customer service. I am skeptical of them now and may have to visit in person to see if there it is just the parts department that is poorly run.
Before deciding they're not responding, consider the world of email is rife with spam and spam filters ssometimes block legit emails. I run a business and my email address is no secret. I usually get a lot more spam in a day than legit emails. I have a spam filter that blocks a fair bit of it, but still lets a lot through. If I set it to block more, I'll have a few legit emails that get blocked too.

The best option if you think they're not responding is to use an online help system or the phone.

·
Premium Member
4,016 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
From what I have heard they are a good dealership. They just don’t know how to handle internet problems.
Morton’s has always been my go to dealer on the east coast.

·
Premium Member
4,016 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
Before deciding they're not responding, consider the world of email is rife with spam and spam filters ssometimes block legit emails. I run a business and my email address is no secret. I usually get a lot more spam in a day than legit emails. I have a spam filter that blocks a fair bit of it, but still lets a lot through. If I set it to block more, I'll have a few legit emails that get blocked too.

The best option if you think they're not responding is to use an online help system or the phone.
We did use the phone and did not get return calls. Who ever handles internet sales needs to thought customer service

21 - 40 of 57 Posts