BMW K1600 Forum banner

41 - 57 of 57 Posts

·
Premium Member
943 Posts
Good to know. I'm looking for a GS and was going to head up to Bobs.
Though I've been bitten a bit with their online apparel I've found their motorcycle sales to be quite good. Though I've not used their service or parts they have a strong reputation there. Before Max started to build a presence in the vintage arena Bob's was a go to place for vintage parts and service and remain a great option there.

I think the bottom line is the online sales of apparel is something that takes a good amount of resources if you're doing it to a national or international audience. I just think this is one of a few examples that shows the weaknesses Bob's has in the online sales area. They don't appear to be great at keeping inventory for the online store and if a mistake happens in the order they may not be ideal at fixing it as maybe a Revzilla may. But I do find when things go well the offer a good selection at a good price. Since I know they can't handle online apparel sales problems like I like I would not recommend them for online purchases of apparel but do think they are very worthy of being a leading candidate if you are looking to buy or service a bike. I suspect if you buy or service your bike there it is very likely you'll have a good to excellent experience.

·
Premium Member
4,016 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
Bobs did finally send a reply to my wife after a week asking her to call them next Tuesday. She will call Thursday once she can check the helmet

·
Premium Member
4,016 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
The Helmet fits and has no problems. Sue talked to Bobs Thursday and was offered a gift certificate, she told them about the lack of customer service. All she wanted was some communication, This is what they failed at and need to fix.

·
Premium Member
2,020 Posts
All’s well that ends well I suppose. Communication is key, or so the wife told me...or something like that. I wasn’t listening too closely.

·
Registered
57 Posts
They lost one sale because of this thread. I want a bag liner for a trip in a few weeks, paid more on ebay for a better chance I'll get it in time.

Might try Bob's when timely delivery isn't important.

·
Sir Robin’s Lead Minstrel
1,424 Posts
All’s well that ends well I suppose. Communication is key, or so the wife told me...or something like that. I wasn’t listening too closely.
My wife waved her hands at me and said, "Hey! Have you been listening?"
I told her that was a really rude way to start a conversation.

Reactions: J-Luv

·
Premium Member
943 Posts
They lost one sale because of this thread. I want a bag liner for a trip in a few weeks, paid more on ebay for a better chance I'll get it in time.

Might try Bob's when timely delivery isn't important.
I would not rule them out even if a timely delivery is important. I'd just suggest not relying on the inventory being in stock just because the website says it is in stock. If it was something that was needed in a timely manner and the price was what you wanted I'd just call to make sure it is in stock and if in stock find out how long before it ships.

For that stuff they are quite good. Even have some of the best prices on clearance in general and items that are being phased out for a new model.

The challenge can be the website does not always show what is and is not in stock and it can take days for them to notify you it is not in stock.

I think Spencer's item being shipped to the wrong area is pretty rare and it is not good at all their communication was at best poor but you can still get good deals in a timely manner at Bob's and I'd expect my experience and Spencer's are the exception not the rule. Bob's is a good store. Not a perfect online store but a good store we are lucky to have supporting us.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Call Dave at Helmet Country. Tell them you are part of multiple forums and that you hear he discounts AVRider forum members. This is where I get all of my helmets at deep discounts. Less than the online price but you have to talk to him over the phone since they can’t advertise the discounted prices due to their agreements with various companies (mfg and distributors). Last two helmets were NEOTEC 2s but he discounts all helmets.

·
Premium Member
1,379 Posts
Poor customer service is everywhere.

I placed a $200 order with Revzilla a few weeks ago and paid with my PayPal account - no credit card. The money came straight from my checking account. Revzilla sent me an email the next day telling me to phone in my credit card information to complete my order. What? I called them up and they told me that they have a policy requiring a credit card on file for any PayPal transaction. I told them to cancel the order and told them they have no business holding my credit card information for what is basically a cash transaction.

I don't know, maybe some of their customers are filing complaints with PayPal and Revzilla is not getting their money so they have a credit card on file in case this happens. I would have thought they could get in trouble with the credit card companies nowadays due to privacy concerns. I am taking my business elsewhere.

·
Registered
55 Posts

I placed a $200 order with Revzilla a few weeks ago and paid with my PayPal account - no credit card. The money came straight from my checking account. Revzilla sent me an email the next day telling me to phone in my credit card information to complete my order. What? I called them up and they told me that they have a policy requiring a credit card on file for any PayPal transaction. I told them to cancel the order and told them they have no business holding my credit card information for what is basically a cash transaction.

I don't know, maybe some of their customers are filing complaints with PayPal and Revzilla is not getting their money so they have a credit card on file in case this happens. I would have thought they could get in trouble with the credit card companies nowadays due to privacy concerns. I am taking my business elsewhere.
I agree that's dumb but there's a difference between a poor company policy and poor customer service.

·
Premium Member
1,379 Posts
I agree that's dumb but there's a difference between a poor company policy and poor customer service.
I'm not sure I get your point - are you just being argumentative? A company policy related to customer payment methods is a customer service issue. Who else is going to resolve the issue - certainly not someone in accounting.

·
Premium Member
1,041 Posts

Thats odd for sure!

Over the years, I’ve purchased thousands of dollars worth of merchandise from Revzilla, and not one time has it been a bad interaction / transaction.

Matter of fact, my last transaction went like this...called them up after putting a few items on a ‘wish list’. I said I have a question about the elbow sliders, I’m not sure if they will fit my Dianese jacket. After turning the other items into a purchase, the rep said she’d get with a few others and ask about the elbow sliders. About five minutes later, I receive a follow up phone call from her. The sliders will work, and she wants to send them out free of charge if that’s ok. I tell her that’s not necessary. She kind of insists...so I say thank you, much appreciated! We chat for a bit about motorcycling...she ends up sending me a video about Las Vegas under covid (a no one on the streets video).

Also of note, every transaction that I’ve done with them I‘ve had to give them a credit card number. And when I say, just use the credit card on the last transaction (trying to save them time), they reply we don’t have access to that information, nor do we store that information.

·
Premium Member
1,379 Posts
Thats odd for sure!

Over the years, I’ve purchased thousands of dollars worth of merchandise from Revzilla, and not one time has it been a bad interaction / transaction.

Matter of fact, my last transaction went like this...called them up after putting a few items on a ‘wish list’. I said I have a question about the elbow sliders, I’m not sure if they will fit my Dianese jacket. After turning the other items into a purchase, the rep said she’d get with a few others and ask about the elbow sliders. About five minutes later, I receive a follow up phone call from her. The sliders will work, and she wants to send them out free of charge if that’s ok. I tell her that’s not necessary. She kind of insists...so I say thank you, much appreciated! We chat for a bit about motorcycling...she ends up sending me a video about Las Vegas under covid (a no one on the streets video).

Also of note, every transaction that I’ve done with them I‘ve had to give them a credit card number. And when I say, just use the credit card on the last transaction (trying to save them time), they reply we don’t have access to that information, nor do we store that information.
Yeah, I have bought from them over the years and never had an issue. I chalked it up to COVID staffing issues. The person I was dealing with may not have known; However, I did ask that he check with his supervisor and I got the same response .. Ostensibly from someone else but it could have been the same guy for all I know. This has been a weird year and it is getting weirder by the hour.

·
Sir Robin’s Lead Minstrel
1,424 Posts
Not too long after Revzilla went online as a store, my wife and I bought a pair of the two most expensive helmets they had, and two comms units (right after comms units first came out, too), and when she called to report a problem with one of them on unboxing, she was put on hold, and Anthony himself came on and apologized. He was aware we'd never bought anything else from them, but our first order was a very expensive one, and didn't go right. My wife didn't realize that's who she spoke with until she saw one of his videos, and said, "Hey, that's the guy who talked to me!"

They've grown just a wee bit larger since then.

Reactions: J-Luv

·
Premium Member
4,016 Posts
Discussion Starter #55
Bobs came through in the end. They apologized for the lack of service and gave my wife a $50 gift card

·
Premium Member
403 Posts
Glad it ended well for you. They took the long way home to do it, but they did step up.

·
Premium Member
3,090 Posts
Bob's BMW is a crooked outfit but I didn't find that out until they took my money. I never dealt with them in person but have ordered parts, extended warranty, etc. Never again.

41 - 57 of 57 Posts