BMW K1600 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,181 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted to know what the bracket under the license plate was for?

Sent from my Motorcycle iPhone app

Attachments

Reactions: Geoff_3

·
Premium Member
1,181 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That's pretty cool. I thought it would be a good place to mount a custom plaque or something. I was just wondering if it served some official function other than looking like something is missing.

Reactions: Geoff_3

·
Registered
539 Posts
You may reconsider after you see the price ....... it does look great though. Maybe we could get Ilium or Suburban to do something similar.

·
Premium Member
1,181 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well how much was it?

·
Premium Member
926 Posts
With shipping you are looking around $200.....

·
Registered
732 Posts
Does anyone have a cad file on that thing? If they do, I can get a bunch made.

·
Premium Member
1,181 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Sounds like some one with access to a Cnc machine could have a good little business going. Of course it would have to be less than 200 bucks though.

·
Registered
732 Posts
I have access to a CNC, just need the file, and I can get a bunch of these done.

·
Registered
836 Posts
Not quite $ 200...but not far from it <g> I don't wear jewelry on my person, so I could rationalize this as WAY cheaper than my wife's jewelry and its just going on the bike instead. Also, that ugly hole/space under the license plate bugged me. On the plus side, its very nicely crafted - they take PayPal, and it arrived in just 4 days.

Sasaki sports club : Rear fenderEmblem [SK-51]

·
Premium Member
1,181 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
177 shipped is what it says. Wish the offered other designs.

·
Registered
732 Posts

·
Registered
732 Posts
If these were $100, would a bunch of people want them?

·
Premium Member
1,181 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
100 bucks sound reasonable. I would recommend a choice of a couple other designs as well.

Sent from my Motorcycle iPad app

·
Registered
732 Posts
A friend of mine owns about 10 CNC machines. I am going to talk to him to see what he can do.

·
Premium Member
17 Posts
I "know a guy" with a few CNC machines...... :) I'll make one for mine and post a pic. A friend of mine runs an electro-polishing business too. ETA: for the prices people are talking about I could make them from stainless.

·
Registered
732 Posts
I "know a guy" with a few CNC machines...... :) I'll make one for mine and post a pic. A friend of mine runs an electro-polishing business too. ETA: for the prices people are talking about I could make them from stainless.
Sounds good. I was just going to order one from Japan, and then have my buddy duplicate it. He builds custom Cobras for a living.

1 - 20 of 69 Posts