BMW K1600 Forum banner

61 - 69 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Forum member robsnsx was selling the emblems and such for this bracket; bought one a few years ago that is fantastic. Not sure if he's still selling them, but support him if you can.
I've been in touch with him and he's no longer doing those - it was cut from the plastic blanks that cover the GPS opening - the one with the "=6=" emblem.

·
Upside Down
1,183 Posts
I don't get why so many people decorate/customize their bike w/ additional manufacturer's logos. If it was illuminated, then okay. Most bike enthusiasts don't need to be told it's brand x or brand y or whoever. It's just redundant. This is really rampant on HD bikes. HD can't make an accessory w/o having their name/log on it somewhere, which I understand from a manufacturer's perspective. They're getting free marketing/advertising. It's the same as all the t-shirts, which are mostly sold to customers, who gladly pay for them and wear them, providing free advertising for the company. I look at the dealer specific shirts differently, as they indicate where you've visited. I choose not to be part of the herd, but to each their own.
Everyone is different if we were all the same and thought the same way it would be a boring place to live. Imagine if everyone thought you could go out and be rude along with abusing anyone or just pushing your own issue onto those that think differently. I say let live and do as you feel is right, providing your not hurting anyone. Who cares and if it bothers anyone then, don't engage in it.

Reactions: 1004ron

·
Registered
116 Posts
I'm happy with the way mine turned out.

$30 for the holder off eBay and $10 for the roundel on Amazon.

The fender mounting with nothing attached looked unfinished.

·
Boom
669 Posts
I don't get why so many people decorate/customize their bike w/ additional manufacturer's logos. If it was illuminated, then okay. Most bike enthusiasts don't need to be told it's brand x or brand y or whoever. It's just redundant. This is really rampant on HD bikes. HD can't make an accessory w/o having their name/log on it somewhere, which I understand from a manufacturer's perspective. They're getting free marketing/advertising. It's the same as all the t-shirts, which are mostly sold to customers, who gladly pay for them and wear them, providing free advertising for the company. I look at the dealer specific shirts differently, as they indicate where you've visited. I choose not to be part of the herd, but to each their own.
LOL...I love a good personalized license plate and I have seen some very creative ones over the years. The ones I really find "meh" though, are the ones that might just repeat the brand or model number, such as a personalized plate that says "BMW" or "1200GS" -- but, hey, if it makes them happy.

61 - 69 of 69 Posts