BMW K1600 Forum banner

21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
385 Posts
Exclusive seat is larger in comparison with other two models (GT and "ordinary" GTL). It appears that rear rack is a sort of fitment which will accommodate bigger seat. But that's just my presumption.

·
Registered
385 Posts
SR,
hi it was not off a dealer it was off a so called forum member off another site who told me 100% it would fit my model the 2019 gt model.
i left it in the garage for a couple of months as you do before fitting it,then as you know it did not fit,then my next thing was to go down to cotswold bmw,where they said they would help me fit/identify it,also having purchased a latch kit etc,hay presto it still never fitted my bike.
they done all the checks then came back and said it will not fit my gt, or the standard gtl model,its about 1 inch longer,it can be forced but i was not going to do that.
then tried to get back to the guy who i purchased it off,who replied {not his problem}
I think it should be his problem as it seems that he deliberately misguided you.

·
Registered
385 Posts
any information you get ,please pass on to me please.many thanks.paul birmingham.
Unfortunately I am leaving for another contract a month earlier than originally scheduled :mad: With all projects that I need to wrap up before leaving I cannot afford loosing one day for a trip to town where my MC is serviced (therefore no info for the foreseeable future). Apart of service reservations I do not get answers to e-mail inquiries from BMW shop (too many MCs in area and just a couple of servicemen :( ).

·
Registered
43 Posts
It will fit a regular GTL.

You just need to buy an Exclusive "luggage grid" (BMWs name), then trim the cover that sits below it. BMW wants $200ish for them. That's what I did on mine and I still have the GT style grab bars. (still looking for the wider GTL ones)

·
Registered
385 Posts
Unfortunately I am leaving for another contract a month earlier than originally scheduled :mad: With all projects that I need to wrap up before leaving I cannot afford loosing one day for a trip to town where my MC is serviced (therefore no info for the foreseeable future). Apart of service reservations I do not get answers to e-mail inquiries from BMW shop (too many MCs in area and just a couple of servicemen :( ).
Fortunately I've been rescheduled once again :D. I am interested in buying your seat but would not like to put myself in the same position you are right now. If I manage to get some answers I will most definitely give you an update.

·
Registered
385 Posts
Attached is photo taken from serviceman's laptop. He was kind enough to look for answer but I am not sure if this is the right one.
20201007_103455.jpg

·
Premium Member
6,444 Posts
You're right. The GTL Exclusive has a longer seat and corresponding rack. Some who have the standard GTL have purchased both items to give their passengers more seating room. This may be information that would help sell it.

As far as part numbers go I've found that, many times, the number stamped on the part does not correspond to the assembly part number in the computer or micro fiche data base. It must be an interim number used to identify individual pieces in an assembly.

It's too bad you're not in the states as someone would probably purchase it and send it to Russel Day Long for a redo and save their original seat.

Reactions: tailscookieiron
21 - 33 of 33 Posts