BMW K1600 Forum banner

61 - 72 of 72 Posts

·
Premium Member
520 Posts
Maybe but I have a 2016 GTLE and the improvements for me where pretty nice. You have to ride one to know the difference.
I've ridden an 2018, and was shocked at the terrible throttle response, but did like the shift assist, other than that I didn't notice anything different from my bike.

·
Registered
384 Posts
Because it does everything I need it to do, without the hassle of tune, re- tune, Bren tune, BMW updates, and tune again, all that hassle. Flame away tell me how it's so convenient, and cheap, but I'm glad I don't have to deal with it.
I can definitely see and have been on both sides of this coin. Sometimes you feel the hassle is just not worth the upgrade, especially if your super happy with your current bike. In my case i felt it was worth the time and money because its kind of my hobby and its fun to wrench and tinker with my toys. I also wanted the newest bike technology i could get at the time and feel i deserve it because i have worked the majority of my life to afford the new shinny thing. I will do it again whenever BMW comes out with an upgrade to the B

·
Premium Member
293 Posts
Because it does everything I need it to do, without the hassle of tune, re- tune, Bren tune, BMW updates, and tune again, all that hassle. Flame away tell me how it's so convenient, and cheap, but I'm glad I don't have to deal with it.
I understand but you don't have some of the upgrades like the new bikes have. The quick shift is worth the price of admission right there.

·
Premium Member
520 Posts
I understand but you don't have some of the upgrades like the new bikes have. The quick shift is worth the price of admission right there.
I've ridden a 2018 K1600GT with the quick shift pro I think it was called. It was really nice, but not nice enough to put up with the dud of an engine tune. The rest of the bike, I honestly couldn't notice any difference fresher up dash same tiny little GPS and suck ass BT.

·
Premium Member
293 Posts
I've ridden a 2018 K1600GT with the quick shift pro I think it was called. It was really nice, but not nice enough to put up with the dud of an engine tune. The rest of the bike, I honestly couldn't notice any difference fresher up dash same tiny little GPS and suck ass BT.
I'll take new any day of the week and even Sunday's.

·
Registered
384 Posts
I hope not. This is just one persons preference over another. If we all thought the same then this would be a very boring world. I think we are all mature enough to respect each others personal choices even if we don't agree. A lot of people don't think i need 137 guns and 75,000 plus rounds of ammo and there probably right, but its just a personal choice ??

·
Premium Member
520 Posts
UH-OH, get your rain coats on. It feels like another Pi$$in Match on it's way.
No one has to agree with me, or even consider my opinion, that's all it is my opinion. I will never understand how we got to the place we are in the US now where everything is an argument to the death. To me most everyone here are fellow motorcyclist, but in all honesty, just people I've never met, nothing here is worth a Pissing Match, and I really hope no one thinks that's my intent, because it's not.

·
Premium Member
162 Posts
Contemplating getting a Bren Tuner once I get the GTL. Was wondering with a new GTL (390 miles/ 2 1/2 years) left on warranty would you think it would be better to wait to do the Bren Tune? Or go ahead and do it? I know we can change back to OEM tune, but I thought I had read some dealers will look at the ECU program count register. Don't imagine I'd change it unless a major service by the dealer would occur. New to Beemers so I don't know how often that might be if any? However, we do have the transmission issue current;y, could there be more?

61 - 72 of 72 Posts