BMW K1600 Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite BOTM winner for the year of 2021 HERE!
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I’m getting ready to install Brentuningmoto 2020 GT the one sticking point I have is I need to use my wife’s computer which has an antivirus protection. My question is does the antivirus protection need to be removed for the entire process or only for the software installations

·
Premium Member
535 Posts
I've loaded and removed the tune a couple of times without any interference from antivirus. It's a seamless process.

·
Registered
302 Posts
My question is does the antivirus protection need to be removed for the entire process or only for the software installations
You only heed the computer for the software installation and to download you files into the handheld. When calibrating the ECU with a new file you only need the handheld which has your files stored on it, so no computer is needed for the ECU calibration.

·
Registered
475 Posts
Funny you should ask that - first time I used Bren the AV kept removing the Client from the PC before I could use it - I just turned off the AV temporarily. I just reloaded it to do my Gen2 XR and no such problems, so either the AV or the Client have been updated.

·
Registered
2021 K1600B Mars Red Metallic
18 Posts
No Issues with the firewall or anti virus on the laptop downloading the software maps

·
Registered
83 Posts
Hey guys I’m getting ready to install Brentuningmoto 2020 GT the one sticking point I have is I need to use my wife’s computer which has an antivirus protection. My question is does the antivirus protection need to be removed for the entire process or only for the software installations
no

·
Registered
72 Posts
You may have to temporarily disable certain features to install Brentune successfully on your computer. It depends on what virus software you have and what features are enabled. I just installed mine in November I think.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts