BMW K1600 Forum banner

21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
2,739 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Looks good Russ!
Thanks, Darby. If the old lady hadn't knocked my '14 out from under me, I'd have been happy with Magnesium Beige for another 100,000 miles. I still think that's one of the best colors BMW's come out with.

·
Registered
495 Posts
I just read on another post that if you don't look over your shoulder when walking away from your bike...

I have a feeling you do.

Much better than my (and BMWs) vermilion red. But I look over my shoulder when walking away anyway.

·
Premium Member
5,181 Posts
Thanks, Darby. If the old lady hadn't knocked my '14 out from under me, I'd have been happy with Magnesium Beige for another 100,000 miles. I still think that's one of the best colors BMW's come out with.
I still love mine, side note.. still the fastest color too!

·
Registered
2,739 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
I still love mine, side note.. still the fastest color too!
You know, I used to think that but, come on, everyone knows red is the fastest. Now, I can finally say it out loud, though. Tell him, @KCMO Steve.

·
Premium Member
2,383 Posts
It looks great. When I bought my GTL I was disappointed that red wasn't available and I had to go with a boring shade of grey.. My LT was one of the unique greens and always got attention... I've thought of a paint job and looking at yours might just give me to push....

·
Registered
2,739 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Well done. Great shade of red and especially like the mirrors, under screen and center tank panels. Show us an overhead pic of the center tank.
I'm working, today, but will post up a couple of more pics to this thread when I get a chance. Thanks for the kudos.

·
Registered
2,739 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Well done. Great shade of red and especially like the mirrors, under screen and center tank panels. Show us an overhead pic of the center tank.
Here you go...

·
Registered
981 Posts
I want to ride it!!!!!

·
Registered
2,739 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
I want to ride it!!!!!
No, no, I know you're having a love affair with yours and would hate to be the one to come between the two of you!

·
Registered
206 Posts
I finally got my paint like I like it. I went with Acura's Brilliant Red Metallic and had some of the non-painted surfaces painted, as well -- mirrors, the panel under the windshield and the center tank section. I also painted the lower panels matte black. I painted the exhaust pipes matte black, too, but have decided to get them powder coated when I get the chance. The red pinstriping on the wheels is reflective as is the decal on the back of my helmet. What do you think?

Looks great! :tb

·
Registered
981 Posts
@Vandaldog - Fair enough, the Road King in the corner of the garage already is plotting against us I can feel it everyday...

If you ever hear that I died of mysterious circumstances or I ever report that the B16 fell over in the garage on its own ----> It was the 2015 White Moroccan Gold Pearl Road King with the dust and cobwebs on it in the corner of my garage.

21 - 34 of 34 Posts