BMW K1600 Forum banner

Broke down and installed a set of Akrapovic but they came with yellow stickers

6K views 36 replies 25 participants last post by  GBarnes 
#1 ·
Hi Folks,
I broke down and just had the dealer install a set of Akrapovic on the GT. I was disappointed when I went to pick it up that they had the yellow labels on them but my BMW dealer showed me it was the BMW part they ordered and this is what arrived. I am wondering if it is supply constraint as they have been on order since June. While the look is growing on me I wonder if anyone else has gotten a set recently for their GT/GTL via the dealer and had the same issue or if the black laser label was on yours. They do sound nice though and I know these are “first world” problems but thought I would ask. Thanks!
Tire Wheel Vehicle Fuel tank Automotive lighting

See less See more
#4 ·
The sound is really nice. Not too loud and it has a little deeper tone. I really like it. Plus the size of them looks a bit nicer to my eyes. The label must admit is growing on me. I know it is a silly question but hey thought I would ask. Now I just have to hide the CC bill from my wife!

#7 · (Edited)

This photo is from 2018ish. Not my GTL. A friend’s bike.

I saved the picture as I was thinking about these pipes back then for my GT.

For your reference to see how the black label looks on a bike. Ordered from a BMW dealership in San Diego County.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#9 · (Edited)
There are two versions of silencers.
one with the dark gray laser engraved logo, this is only produced for BMW Motorrad, you can only get it from a BMW dealer or buy it there as a "custom part".
The second version, with the colored sticker, is not normally distributed by BMW dealers worldwide. It is only available as "After Market" parts from Akrapovic dealers.
The stickers can either be removed or replaced with heat-resistant black silver original stickers of the same size 150 x 44 mm, Akrapovic part no. HST18ALXM4.

#11 · (Edited)
I ended up buying the BMW HP version of the Akrapovic exhaust over the one you got because of the look. Seriously, it's really about performance and there is no difference between the two. Also, I didn't know that Akra sold a sticker that you can use to replace the aftermarket yellow and red sticker with; I would have save a little bit of money!
Tire Wheel Fuel tank Vehicle Automotive lighting

#13 · (Edited)
Hi everyone,
I greatly appreciate everyone’s help and comments. Spoke again to my BMW dealer who I ordered the Akras from and who installed them. What they are telling me is that BMW Motorrad for the last couple of years does not sell the Akras to the US market for the K1600 GT/GTL as they are not US certified. Due to no longer getting Motorrad Akras for the K1600 my dealer instead procures the Euro version of the Akras thru a distributor and that is what they sell and put on. My dealer also stated that currently there is no BMW Motorrad US part number for the Akras for the 2022 K1600 GT/GTL ( I misunderstood what part number they shared with me so my fault). Also the black/ silver label looks like a good solution so thank you for the part number but I can’t find anyone selling it within the US or even ship to the US. The saga of me clearly being a perfectionist continues….LOL. Thanks !

#17 ·
You can get any Akrapovic part through Revzilla. Call them up and submit a part request. It can take some time, I have a bracket on order that is quoted as 12-16 week lead time. Akra won't sell direct to the US, but through an established merchant like Revzilla.

Another option is a European distributer, I went through tenkateracingproducts.com to acquire a rare and hard to find mid-pipe silencer for my R6.

I think if you want that black sticker, it shouldn't be too tough. Shipping from Europe won't be too costly, and I'm sure Ebay is full of them.

#31 ·
Just a few words. When I ordered my 2011/12 K1600GTL I gotit with the stock mufflers. I ordered the Akrapovic mufflers after the bike came in. They were the same price as oem and aftermarket. That way I have an almost brand-new set of stock mufflers just in case. The yellow labels have never discolored or changed in any way over the last 175k miles.

#24 · (Edited)
Hi Folks,
I broke down and just had the dealer install a set of Akrapovic on the GT. I was disappointed when I went to pick it up that they had the yellow labels on them but my BMW dealer showed me it was the BMW part they ordered and this is what arrived. I am wondering if it is supply constraint as they have been on order since June. While the look is growing on me I wonder if anyone else has gotten a set recently for their GT/GTL via the dealer and had the same issue or if the black laser label was on yours. They do sound nice though and I know these are “first world” problems but thought I would ask. Thanks! View attachment 172808
Akas look good but for the price they want in Australia it should come with whatever colour you want.😜👍

#27 ·
My Akro (for an RT) had the yellow sticker - it was fugly.

I simply peeled it off with the aid of a carefully applied heat gun, then cleaned the glue residue with acetone. Problem solved...

Use of a heat gun or hair dryer allows better control of how warm the sticker gets - you want to soften the sticker and carefully peel it off in one go, not pick it off in pieces which will leave a mess.

Of course, YMMV as they say!

#29 ·
My Akro (for an RT) had the yellow sticker - it was fugly.

I simply peeled it off with the aid of a carefully applied heat gun, then cleaned the glue residue with acetone. Problem solved...

Use of a heat gun or hair dryer allows better control of how warm the sticker gets - you want to soften the sticker and carefully peel it off in one go, not pick it off in pieces which will leave a mess.

Of course, YMMV as they say!
How old was the machine or how old / how long had the Akras been?
If they have been in use for too long and have become very hot, you may still be able to see the outline of the "old" sticker even after removing the adhesive residue.

#30 · (Edited)
There is currently no other version than for the 2016 - 2020 models.
I had the stock mufflers and heat shields ceramic coated black - looks great and is durable!
The sound on my K1600 Bagger was fine with me and I didn't mind the small power gain from Akra.
Tire Wheel Fuel tank Vehicle Automotive lighting

#33 ·
They look great! I am still searching for these black/silver original stickers to replace the original red/yellow but so far no luck of any distributor willing to ship to the USA.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.