BMW K1600 Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite BOTM winner for the year of 2022 HERE!
21 - 37 of 37 Posts

Banned
Hi Folks,
I broke down and just had the dealer install a set of Akrapovic on the GT. I was disappointed when I went to pick it up that they had the yellow labels on them but my BMW dealer showed me it was the BMW part they ordered and this is what arrived. I am wondering if it is supply constraint as they have been on order since June. While the look is growing on me I wonder if anyone else has gotten a set recently for their GT/GTL via the dealer and had the same issue or if the black laser label was on yours. They do sound nice though and I know these are 鈥渇irst world鈥 problems but thought I would ask. Thanks! View attachment 172808
Akas look good but for the price they want in Australia it should come with whatever colour you want.馃槣馃憤

Premium Member
2016 K1600 GTL, 2005 Bushtec Trailer and a 2020 R1250 GS
Hi Folks,
I broke down and just had the dealer install a set of Akrapovic on the GT. I was disappointed when I went to pick it up that they had the yellow labels on them but my BMW dealer showed me it was the BMW part they ordered and this is what arrived. I am wondering if it is supply constraint as they have been on order since June. While the look is growing on me I wonder if anyone else has gotten a set recently for their GT/GTL via the dealer and had the same issue or if the black laser label was on yours. They do sound nice though and I know these are 鈥渇irst world鈥 problems but thought I would ask. Thanks! View attachment 172808
Your bike looks really niceee! Just ride it sir! BTW; I had the same cans on my previous 2016 GTL and mucho luv'd em.

Registered
The sound is really nice. Not too loud and it has a little deeper tone. I really like it. Plus the size of them looks a bit nicer to my eyes. The label must admit is growing on me. I know it is a silly question but hey thought I would ask. Now I just have to hide the CC bill from my wife!
Just get some tires with white lettering on them, it will bling!

Registered
My Akro (for an RT) had the yellow sticker - it was fugly.

I simply peeled it off with the aid of a carefully applied heat gun, then cleaned the glue residue with acetone. Problem solved...

Use of a heat gun or hair dryer allows better control of how warm the sticker gets - you want to soften the sticker and carefully peel it off in one go, not pick it off in pieces which will leave a mess.

Of course, YMMV as they say!

Registered
My Akro (for an RT) had the yellow sticker - it was fugly.

I simply peeled it off with the aid of a carefully applied heat gun, then cleaned the glue residue with acetone. Problem solved...

Use of a heat gun or hair dryer allows better control of how warm the sticker gets - you want to soften the sticker and carefully peel it off in one go, not pick it off in pieces which will leave a mess.

Of course, YMMV as they say!
How old was the machine or how old / how long had the Akras been?
If they have been in use for too long and have become very hot, you may still be able to see the outline of the "old" sticker even after removing the adhesive residue.

Registered
I found an Akra black set of slip-ons via eBay for my B, but they鈥檙e listed as 19-20 year models, mine is a 22, anyone know of any differences there? I see the bike here, a GT is a 22鈥.
There is currently no other version than for the 2016 - 2020 models.
I had the stock mufflers and heat shields ceramic coated black - looks great and is durable!
The sound on my K1600 Bagger was fine with me and I didn't mind the small power gain from Akra.
Tire Wheel Fuel tank Vehicle Automotive lighting

Registered
A little known fake, you must remove it immediately they have been known to catch fire spontaneously. Remove and send to me immediately so that i may continue my group action lawsuit, thank you
Just a few words. When I ordered my 2011/12 K1600GTL I gotit with the stock mufflers. I ordered the Akrapovic mufflers after the bike came in. They were the same price as oem and aftermarket. That way I have an almost brand-new set of stock mufflers just in case. The yellow labels have never discolored or changed in any way over the last 175k miles.

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #33 ·

Registered
2019 BMW K1600b Grand America
2022 MI/KM:
There is currently no other version than for the 2016 - 2020 models.
I had the stock mufflers and heat shields ceramic coated black - looks great and is durable!
The sound on my K1600 Bagger was fine with me and I didn't mind the small power gain from Akra.
Where did you get the ceramic coating done? I don't mind the look of the stock K16b mufflers, but that might be an interesting improvement.

Reactions: michaelhconfort

Premium Member
2018 GTL, purchased 7/8/2022 with 96 miles on it
2022 MI/KM:
7100 miles
Just cut and peel the yellow part off. The red will look good.

GB

Hi Folks,

21 - 37 of 37 Posts