BMW K1600 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,723 Posts
You are correct, sir.
I would be cursing also if I had to pay that much for gasoline. :D

Best.

A picture is worth 1000 words (all of them curses).

·
Premium Member
1,444 Posts
Awww man...hope you’re ok and the bike has minimal damage. And for your own sanity, i’m hoping or I think I’m hoping someone else was the cause and they have excellent insurance coverage.

·
Registered
102 Posts
I pushed mine over myself shorty after buying it, closing the stuffed side bag without realizing how close it was to the tipping point. Turns out they're really not that heavy, when you're embarrassed as all heck.

·
Premium Member
2,874 Posts
How is your right leg? Hope damaged is limited to your bike and your ego.

·
Premium Member
285 Posts
Actually that picture raises a boat load of questions:

Did you see the prices and faint ? Did you forget what side your kickstand was on ? Did the Jeep open it's passenger door on you putting you into the curb ? Or did you just misjudge where the curb was ?
In any case I hope you didn't damage the bike as much as your pride.

·
Registered
942 Posts
Bike fainted when it saw gas prices....

Silly bike is like a donkey or a stubborn horse or a cow in the middle of the road.

Let's hope your flesh and blood are ok.

You can get some touch up paint for your ego.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Bike fainted when it saw gas prices....

Silly bike is like a donkey or a stubborn horse or a cow in the middle of the road.

Let's hope your flesh and blood are ok.

You can get some touch up paint for your ego.
Welcome to the People's Republic of California. I immediately knew from the picture the state where it happened, but had no emotional response to the prices since I see them everyday. Until recently, prices had been above $4.00 for a while. We're actually getting a break. :frown:

On the more important note, I hope nobody is hurt.

·
Premium Member
1,535 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Do you see the open door on the Jeep? I was behind the Jeep filling up. When finished I moved around the Jeep to pull out. As I'm passing the Jeep at a very slow speed, I see the passenger door swing open out of my peripheral vision. It swung open wide. No time to react. The door caught the edge of the saddlebag. Not a glancing blow at all. Solid contact. Pushed me right over. I knew the bike was going over so I tumbled onto that patch of grass. I immediate got up and started taking pictures.

BTW, I knew the price of gas would get mentioned. Effin libs and their taxes.

·
Registered
845 Posts
I knew this was close locally judging by the price, I got lucky last night and paid $3.55 for regular for the Tacoma. I was happy I found it at .30 a gallon less than everywhere else in the area.
I hope the offending Jeep owner was cooperative in accepting fault.

·
Registered
444 Posts
Sorry to hear about this, hope YOU are ok. It's a good thing you actually made contact with the door. I had almost the same thing happen when a little girl opened a door as I was pulling into a parking space in Wyoming. I managed to miss the little girl AND the door but ended up dropping the bike while trying to avoid them. And while the damage to the bike was minimal, the tip over broke my wife's foot, who was riding with me. Their insurance company denied the claim because I did not actually hit the door, even though my avoidance of the girl and the door is what caused the tip over. My motorcycle insurance supported their findings, and also didn't cover the medical claim, as coverage for immediate family is not included in my policy. It's an addendum I actually had to request. So, we ended up paying about $10,000 in medical costs (deductibles and co-pays) for surgery and therapy. Fortunately, my wife is 100% now, after about a year and a half.

Speaking of Taxes, this is 1.359 euro/liter ($5.79/gallon) in Ireland. It isn't quite as much as what we paid in Norway though, $7.50/gallon.

·
Registered
942 Posts
@jfink Dang that is a slap in the face all the way around

·
Premium Member
3,723 Posts
Do you see the open door on the Jeep? I was behind the Jeep filling up. When finished I moved around the Jeep to pull out. As I'm passing the Jeep at a very slow speed, I see the passenger door swing open out of my peripheral vision. It swung open wide. No time to react. The door caught the edge of the saddlebag. Not a glancing blow at all. Solid contact. Pushed me right over. I knew the bike was going over so I tumbled onto that patch of grass. I immediate got up and started taking pictures.

BTW, I knew the price of gas would get mentioned. Effin libs and their taxes.

Sorry, couldn't resist the gas pun; and Darb beat me to it before I could get my comment sent. He is fast.

Saw the marks on your side bag and the Jeep door and figured that's what happened. Glad that you are okay.
Good thing the bike hit the curb and not you. Those curbs are **** on helmets and collarbones. Hellmets (pun) are easy to replace, but after a year, this shoulder still hurts like a bltch.

Oh, and my wife says I still act a little goofy from the bonk on the head...

Best.

·
Registered
942 Posts
Even in that position, that is a good looking motor-bike!

1 - 20 of 45 Posts