BMW K1600 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
840 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,
Since I love tools, and had a coil issue I now have a GS911 that I would be happy to scan your bike with if you need. Hopefully I can help you if you need to either clear a code or determine a fault. You can reach me at four Oh three seven seven one five one eight zero. Ride safe!!

Reactions: d martin

·
Mr.Fix It
7,065 Posts
@Up 2 It , Cam, that's a kind offer. FWIW, assuming you have the Enthusiast model, your GS911 is limited to full function on 10 bikes/VIN codes.

Duane

·
Premium Member
840 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
@Up 2 It , Cam, that's a kind offer. FWIW, assuming you have the Enthusiast model, your GS911 is limited to full function on 10 bikes/VIN codes.

Duane
Thanks Duane, I assumed I can scan for codes without using a serial number, I guess to clear a code you would have to use a serial number spot up?

·
Mr.Fix It
7,065 Posts
You're correct, you can "read codes" on all bikes with the Enthusiast model. I don't know about clearing codes on a bike without using up a VIN #. I've got the Pro model (unlimited VINs), so maybe someone else will/can chime in. You probably know this, but FWIW, at any time an Enthusiast model can be upgraded to Pro via software from Hex at a price they are very proud of... :)

Duane

1 - 4 of 4 Posts