BMW K1600 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Administrator
17,084 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
An exceptional addition to the world famous Hwy 4 is this route. The Chevron in Willow Creek offers a couple meal options too.

Road surfaces can be dodgy in places, but with caution the potholes can be avoided. The vistas on FS 1 are world class, the endless corners on Hyampom Road will leave you desiring a bit of straight road to recover.

·
Premium Member
6,757 Posts
Enjoy! Those are some roads I'll never see.

Duane

·
Administrator
17,084 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
@RL Lemke , my point went right over your head... :) Enjoy those roads, if I lived there I would too.

Duane
I don't live there Duane, and even after moving to Las Vegas, it will be a hike to northern California. Doesn't stop me from occasionally visiting though. Albeit even my 1,900 mile commute there from Dallas is less than what you would have to travel, by about 900 miles. The reason why I suggested what so many do, fly & ride from SFO, where it is so easy to rent a BMW.

A forum member we don't see anymore, Jon, from Manchester UK, would fly & ride from SFO often. Even meeting up with us for a ride a couple times.

·
Administrator
17,084 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
There are no secrets with great motorcycle roads. What I've done is to compile great road information over 25 years of riding California and surrounding Western States. My maps remove and reduce those roads and road sections which don't meet my additional standards for being top rated. Heavy traffic is the usual reason. At this point, I'm happy to share.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts