BMW K1600 Forum banner

Cardo connection to TFT - Hub on 2022 bikes

2K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  CanyonCarver 
#1 ·
I currently use a sena unit but want to upgrade to the cardo edge. With our 2022 bikes of course “the bike” operates as the hub with phone and helmet communication run thru the bike. The cardo has some cool features like allowing you to listen to music thru the helmet AND still have communication option with the other bikes, my question is: does that still work if you are synchronized thru the bike? Of course cardo says that it will but I’m not so sure.
My sena unit it’s one or the other, comm or music. Even more frustrating is if you’re using intercom for awhile it won’t allow me to then listen to music thru the helmet unless I turn off the bike and restart the pairing clean ( it’ll show I’m paired without turning off the bike, but it doesn’t work).
thanks!
as we all know the stereo on these bikes is useless, so something decent in the helmet would be great.

#2 ·
I can't speak to the communication aspect. But I'll give a big thumbs up to my new Cardo Packtalk Edge + 45mm speaker upgrade. The sound is as full and loud as anything I've tried. The comms with the TFT and the Garmin Zumo XT (because BMW is negligent) work flawlessly.

#4 ·
I’ve got a ‘22 GTL, a Sena 50S and a iPhone 11 Pro Max - all with the latest updates. I have no problems with listening to music and comms at the same time. I’ve also made and received phone calls with no issue.
The BMW Connected app navigation may not have all the bells and whistles of a Garmin GPS, but it actually works well for me. I don’t plan the route on the phone, but rather use inRoute to directly transfer a route to the Connected app, or import a BaseCamp GPX into the Connected app.
I actually thought about getting a Zumo XT after reading about how the Connected app was worthless. But after getting to know it, I find I don’t need the Zumo XT after all.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.