BMW K1600 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have had a heck of a time trying to get all of this paired up. I reached out to Cardo Support today and they gave me the following. Can't wait to give it a try tonight.

To prepare for it I will clear all previous attempts with BT from the Nav, Bike, Cardo and any associated connections on my phone.
I have updated all devices to current Firmware

Step 1. "pair your phone to the motorcycle but do not pair the phone directly to the PackTalk Bold".

Step 2. "Then you will pair the Packtalk to the motorcycle through channel A phone pairing".

Step 3. "Lastly you'll pair the Nav 6 as a GPS to Channel B".

FYI GPS channel B is put packtalk in pairing mode, then hit bottom button 2 times then quickly turn wheel forward. I do this with helmet on so I can hear "GPS pairing".

My top 2 Priorities is for my Iphone music and phone to work. Plus Nav 6 directions.

Listening to the bike's music thru Packtalk is my last priority.

I'm a little confused how the Iphone music will pass from the motorcycle then Nav then packtalk???.

The Garmin info I found on this forum might shed some light, however it does say the Nav needs to be paired to the Audio system. So maybe this is an extra step I'll need to do.
If it works that will be great!

Will advise once I have the time to do it.

Jim

·
Premium Member
581 Posts
AFAIK, you can't pair your phone with any of the K1600 series bikes. You can only pair it with the GPS, and then pair the GPS with your Bluetooth headset.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
vtx1800n1 You are correct Cardo gave me bad info.

I did get it Paired using a process I saw on this Forum. Unfortunately I can't remember where or who :unsure:

First issue was wrong channel selection on PTB, I had it on Mesh not Blue tooth. Once I changed that this is what I did.

Bike to PTB channel 1
Nav 6 to PTB channel 2 rolled to GPS
Iphone to Nav 6.

Opened the App button on Nav 6 and then opened Media player.
Clicked on the ICON that looks like 2 connectors.
Selected Iphone
Saved.

I can turn on the bikes Audio and it sounds great. Control volume with PTB

I can run all the music from my Iphone (with bike audio off), volume is PTB

Make phone calls from Siri, Phone or Nav 6.

Haven't received phone calls yet to see what that looks like.

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
negative this morning. Not sure why. I'll keep trying. Everything else works however like others Satellite thru the PTB stinks.
I ask because when I connected iPhone to Nav VI instead of iPhone to Cardo, I didn't have Siri command access. If you get it to work, let me know.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
My current thinking is to disconnect the bike from Cardo then add Iphone to Cardo. I had this setup and Siri worked. The only thing I would lose is Satellite which I could always put on Iphone. I don't use it in my truck so not sure that's a big deal.

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
My current thinking is to disconnect the bike from Cardo then add Iphone to Cardo. I had this setup and Siri worked. The only thing I would lose is Satellite which I could always put on Iphone. I don't use it in my truck so not sure that's a big deal.
iPhone to Cardo absolutely works. That's the setup I have now. I was curious about your iPhone to Nav which I thought you said worked with Siri.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I've posted this before. It works for me, the key is to unpair everything and start over.
I’m have difficulty unpairing the bike’‘s audio. The blue tooth emblem stays on screen without the dot. But the audio will not come trough the speakers. I’ve done it 5-6 times with no luck. Any ideas?

·
Premium Member
2,338 Posts
I’m have difficulty unpairing the bike’‘s audio. The blue tooth emblem stays on screen without the dot. But the audio will not come trough the speakers. I’ve done it 5-6 times with no luck. Any ideas?
There is an menu item that controls where the sound is routed to the speakers or to BT. I'm guessing that, even if you unpair, that setting still needs to be flipped.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
There is an menu item that controls where the sound is routed to the speakers or to BT. I'm guessing that, even if you unpair, that setting still needs to be flipped.
Thank you. I wasn’t aware of that in the menu. I’ll look. In the mean time i was able to unpair the bike by walking down the street 100 yards with the packtalk off. I then turned it on and deleted all pairings. Once back to the bike it was cleared. I then only paired the GPS Nav 6 and I phone to GPS. All is good now except for Siri. I don’t think I’ll miss Sirius from the bike especially since it sound like poop through the pack talk.

Also discovered if i have Cardo turn music off, I can use gps voice through the wonderwheel menu to make a call. So at the time all is good!
Thanks for the idea, I’ll look for it.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Never managed to get a relaible connection between my Cardo Q1 and my K16 - I gave up in the end

1 - 17 of 17 Posts