BMW K1600 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
670 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a Cardo Packtalk Bold from Champions helmets in Europe that arrived today so now just awaiting the new Shoei helmet NXR to arrive which should be here by the end of the week as it has been on backorder. My question is that I have done the updates with software and firmware etc. today because I am like a big kid and can't even wait to have the full order and then do all the updates and installation. So I have iPhone xs also downloaded the Cardo app. but it seems to open ok although it does not seem to open the full settings so I can change or should I say set the radio stations etc. I know that with Cardo you have to sign up to their community section to be able to do the updates , but for some reason, the phone app does not seem to allow me to do any of the settings. I have watched just about every Youtube video etc . but none of them shows you how to open the app itself. Except that when I signed up to the Community section it did say because I am using an iMac I could not use Safari and need Chrome or Firefox. I did download Firefox but with no change.Any ideas where I may be going wrong?? or am I just a 100% stupid? Any help or advice will be fantastic.
Thanks, guys.:smile::frown::grin:

·
Premium Member
1,433 Posts
I bought a Cardo Packtalk Bold from Champions helmets in Europe that arrived today so now just awaiting the new Shoei helmet NXR to arrive which should be here by the end of the week as it has been on backorder. My question is that I have done the updates with software and firmware etc. today because I am like a big kid and can't even wait to have the full order and then do all the updates and installation. So I have iPhone xs also downloaded the Cardo app. but it seems to open ok although it does not seem to open the full settings so I can change or should I say set the radio stations etc. I know that with Cardo you have to sign up to their community section to be able to do the updates , but for some reason, the phone app does not seem to allow me to do any of the settings. I have watched just about every Youtube video etc . but none of them shows you how to open the app itself. Except that when I signed up to the Community section it did say because I am using an iMac I could not use Safari and need Chrome or Firefox. I did download Firefox but with no change.Any ideas where I may be going wrong?? or am I just a 100% stupid? Any help or advice will be fantastic.
Thanks, guys.:smile::frown::grin:
Make those changes in their webpage/community. The app is mostly for quick navigation/control. I never open the app but the wife does for controlling private intercom (Bike to Bike (wife to wife) and back to just the two of us).

Turns out I haven't used the webpage in awhile :smile: the new app does indeed do it all.

·
Premium Member
658 Posts
This all has changed with the latest firmware and update software. The website no longer connects to the headset to make changes. All changes must be made via the app now. This sucks as I had to change the priority of the audio inputs using the website when I first got mine. Can't do this with the app.

If you can still use the website, please show me how. I searched and searched and found nothing.

Sent using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
658 Posts
Like B407 asked, are the 2 paired together? I'm using Android so some things my be different, but when I open my app the first thing it tries to do is connect to the headset. If it can't I will tell me this. If it can then it moves right on to the interface page. Radio settings is one of the options there. Like I stated earlier this no longer works via the website if you have updated everything.

Sent using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
67 Posts
So I just talk to tech support.
You use the computer to update the firmware that's it.
The App. on your phone will be able to set all volume setting and priorities that you want. You go to the little gear symbol in the top right corner and then select the area you want to adjust. I asked about the App operating the 2 units (duo set) and it is yes, but you need get out of the system if your partner want to control on there own. There recommendation is to use your partners phone and the app separately on that headset. I'm learning as I go as well.
I hope this helps

·
Premium Member
658 Posts
While they say all of the same setting are in the App that where on the website, I know from my own experience that this is not true.

·
Registered
670 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
This all has changed with the latest firmware and update software. The website no longer connects to the headset to make changes. All changes must be made via the app now. This sucks as I had to change the priority of the audio inputs using the website when I first got mine. Can't do this with the app.

If you can still use the website, please show me how. I searched and searched and found nothing.

Sent using Tapatalk
I have found the exact same thing even after trying to do presets on the FMW radio etc it asked for the Firefox or chrome and I am using Safari but that did not work, so it looks like I will have to wait till I can put the whole unit into my new helmet once it arrives and try the settings then. I did not have any issue with having the Cardo Updater app on my iMac and that works when I plug the unit into the Mac. So I do have the current updated system.

·
Registered
670 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
So I just talk to tech support.
You use the computer to update the firmware that's it.
The App. on your phone will be able to set all volume setting and priorities that you want. You go to the little gear symbol in the top right corner and then select the area you want to adjust. I asked about the App operating the 2 units (duo set) and it is yes, but you need get out of the system if your partner want to control on there own. There recommendation is to use your partners phone and the app separately on that headset. I'm learning as I go as well.
I hope this helps
Thanks the gear settings you refer to on my phone are on the top left corner. I will wait and see what happens once I connect the helmet up when it arrives later in the week and go for a ride to try the settings. Only that at the moment it won't allow that section to open or if it does for the few seconds that it will open it seems to drop out.

·
Registered
670 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Is the phone paired to the Cardo unit?
I just got the new Shoei helmet yesterday and installed the Packtalk Bold last night all works fine and the sound is fantastic, the voice recognition works seamlessly :smile::wink::grin: I would not even waste my time and effort using the Bikes stereo system.:smile::grin:

·
Registered
670 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
As the new format won't allow you to edit any post,I am adding the latest update to the Cardo and new NXR Shoei helmet I bought. Sorry for another post but can't edit my previous ones. I have had more time to ride with the Cardo Packtalk Bold and the new NXR helmet, I can say I am happy with the Cardo 100%, as for the helmet is light but being a full-faced helmet a real pain to pull on and off till such time it is worn in and allows me to place my big ears in the helmet without pulling the skin off them lol . Very comfortable and nice to ride with the coms etc. I missed the sun visor and found the sun a real pain, so today I bought the Shoei CWR-1 Transitions Photochromic Visor which is expensive but saves you from having 2 visors and swapping them all the time. The clarity is great without any distortion and changes from clear to a full dark tint in about 2 mins. The downside is if your riding in sunlight and ride into a tunnel, you need to lift the visor as it takes too long approx. 2 mins again to return back to being clear.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts