BMW K1600 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a cardo slim duo pack last October and this past Sunday I went to connect the charging cord and the socket from inside the cardo unit was still attached to the micro USB cord, the socket came out with the cord when disconnected. I sent cardo an email about the issue and they responded within 2 hours, pretty great customer service. They asked me for purchase information as well as the serial number for the broken unit and are replacing it free of charge. When I receive great customer service I like to let others know about a product that the company backs quickly and without question. By the way, I still love the cardo unit, much better IMO than my old Sena unit.

Dan
cardo 3.jpg

·
Premium Member
660 Posts
This is a known problem with the slims. It is why I bought the Bold units instead. My issue was that they really haven't fixed the problem, they just send you another unit. What happens when the warranty is up, or when this happens on the first day of a 2 week trip. Good Luck with the new units.

·
Registered
677 Posts
From what I have read and heard Cardo back their products, so in the case with the Slim issue, I would think they would still back it with some sort of offer for a reasonable time. That's only my appraisal and 2 cents worth lol.

·
Premium Member
660 Posts
You are correct. They do back their products and were quick to replace the defective unit. But if you are 1 day in to a 2 week trip that doesn't help you much.

Sent using Tapatalk

·
Registered
16 Posts
This is a known problem with the slims. It is why I bought the Bold units instead. My issue was that they really haven't fixed the problem, they just send you another unit. What happens when the warranty is up, or when this happens on the first day of a 2 week trip. Good Luck with the new units.
Is the issue really that prevalent? I was going to get the Slim but I might just have to go with the Bold instead. Really liked the Slims looks. Dang

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I guess I may have been quick with my praise of Cardo. They are replacing my broken Slim unit but are currently out of stock. They told me 2 weeks ago they would be back in stock on 2/14 but I still haven't received notice of shipment of a new one. Kinda happy its still winter or I'd be disappointed if I was riding without it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts