BMW K1600 Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite BOTM winner for the year of 2022 HERE!
21 - 40 of 70 Posts

· Registered
2022 BMW K1600 GTL Gravity Blue Metallic
1,368 Posts
I actually never bothered to check. I don't see the point, if I need the phone for Carplay or Android play. I doubt it will do both the phone and Sena at the same time. But I will check and get back to you.
Does your bike have the newer 10.25” TFT? If so, do you have your phone also connected to that?

· Registered
1,368 Posts
I used it for the 1st time today in the wild. The unit works awesome. My phone continues to be the bluetooth output to my SENA. I can hear music, phone and Nav while the CarPlay unit is running.
Did you decide what screen you’re going to keep yet?

I ordered this CarPlay screen from Amazon.

I have my Sena connected to my bike (2022 GTL) via the headset’s Phone 1 connection, and to my phone via the headset’s Phone 2 connection and I can confirm they both work.

I’m hoping to be able to mount the CarPlay screen to a center stem RAM ball mount.

· Premium Member
2020 K1600 GT Sport.
259 Posts
You got the backup camera cool!

Still waiting for the Carpuride unit to arrive for China. I rode yesterday in the cold. Started in the high 20's and finished about 33 degrees. No issues at all. My Gerbing gloves had no issues with the touch screen.

The ball mount supplied with my unit is hallf? the size of a regular ram mount..

· Registered
1,368 Posts
You got the backup camera cool!

Still waiting for the Carpuride unit to arrive for China. I rode yesterday in the cold. Started in the high 20's and finished about 33 degrees. No issues at all. My Gerbing gloves had no issues with the touch screen.

The ball mount supplied with my unit is hallf? the size of a regular ram mount..
Don’t know if I’ll use the backup camera. There’s a wire that’s supposed to connect to the car’s reverse gear some how, and then switch to the backup camera when in reverse. So I don’t think that can be used on the bike.

I’m hoping the touchscreen on mine will work with gloves. It’s supposed to arrive this Wed so I can test it then.
The things I liked about this screen is that it has a USB-C connection for power and a 7.5” screen vs 7” with a slightly higher resolution.

That’s weird about your ball mount, any chance you can switch it out for the normal sized one?

· Premium Member
2020 K1600 GT Sport.
259 Posts

· Registered
2022 K1600B
182 Posts
Rambler,

What an awesome set up...wow. It looks amazing...thanks for sharing. Seriously - thank you.

Semper Fi

A couple of questions:
1. Did you connect the monitor to the bike or iPhone? If not, how does the monitor display CarPlay (wifi or bluetooth)?
2. How did you power the monitor? USBc port in the cell phone compartment or the DIN plug on the right side?
3. Any thoughts on how to mount the monitor to a Bagger with the tubular bars?
4. May I assume the monitor rotates left and right when you move the handlebars?

Thanks.

· Registered
22 GA
435 Posts
2022 MI/KM:
Rambler,

What an awesome set up...wow. It looks amazing...thanks for sharing. Seriously - thank you.

Semper Fi

A couple of questions:
1. Did you connect the monitor to the bike or iPhone? If not, how does the monitor display CarPlay (wifi or bluetooth)?
2. How did you power the monitor? USBc port in the cell phone compartment or the DIN plug on the right side?
4. May I assume the monitor rotates left and right when you move the handlebars?

Thanks.
5. How does it work in the rain?

· Registered
1,368 Posts
Rambler,

Semper Fi

A couple of questions:

Thanks.
1. CarPlay connects to the phone. But I also have the screen connected to my Sena headset via the HFP profile for inRoute navigation.
2. Currently it’s plugged into the right DIN socket, but I may change that.
3. A handlebar QuadLock mount with the adhesive QuadLock attachment attached to the back of the screen should work. I have something similar but with the QuadLock RAM ball mount.
4. Yes, it’s attached to a center stem RAM ball.

21 - 40 of 70 Posts