BMW K1600 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,245 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it possible to change my displayed name? smv is fine but in every other online form of communication I am known as "Stephen!". I would like to change it but cannot figure out how...

·
Premium Member
837 Posts
Only an Administrator can do that, you should PM RL or one of the others.

·
Premium Member
3,723 Posts
Is it possible to change my displayed name? smv is fine but in every other online form of communication I am known as "Stephen!". I would like to change it but cannot figure out how...
The administrator changed mine from "harleymarlboroman" to "Harleymarlboroman" with a simple request like you did.
He'll get around to it. If not, do the @ sign and "administrator" and he'll get a notification; maybe.

·
Premium Member
837 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,245 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thank you!

·
Registered
2,882 Posts
who?

·
Premium Member
3,723 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,245 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
@Stephen! - enjoy your new username :) Let us know if there's anything else we can help with.
I figured out a work-around for the issue of missing data... If you've already read my response before I deleted it, please disregard.

·
Premium Member
2,245 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Excellent, glad to hear you have found a solution.

Let us know if there is anything else we can help out with in the future.
I thought I had it figured out but apparently not. I was just manually inserting the '!' into the URL and it kinda worked but when I go to my CP and select "Your Profile" it takes me to this page:

BMW K1600 Forum : BMW K1600 GT and GTL Forums - View Profile: Stephen

Which shows me as a Junior Member with one post. Adding the '!' doesn't work because it gets stripped and I am taken back to BMW K1600 Forum : BMW K1600 GT and GTL Forums - View Profile: Stephen

·
Premium Member
2,245 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Changed.

Thanks,
- JB
Still having a little problem that I cannot seem to find a way around.

If I have a notification and I click on that notification, it links me to a page where my username does not contain the "!". No problem there, really, I simply manually add the "!" and all is well.

The problem happens when someone clicks on my username. It takes them to this page:

BMW K1600 Forum : BMW K1600 GT and GTL Forums - View Profile: Stephen

...and even adding the "!" manually doesn't work, it just keeps going back to that same page that belongs to some other dude who has made only one post and that was nearly five years ago...

(He has, however had 328 page visits....?)

·
Premium Member
2,245 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Also... I cannot get to the pictures in my album. Clicking on "Pictures and Albums" in my CP takes me here:

http://www.k1600forum.com/forum/members/stephen--albums.html

I correct it to:

BMW K1600 Forum : BMW K1600 GT and GTL Forums - Stephen!'s Albums

...and I can SEE my albums but clicking on one of the takes me here:

BMW K1600 Forum : BMW K1600 GT and GTL Forums - Recently Updated Albums

Which is NOT me. Correcting it to:

BMW K1600 Forum : BMW K1600 GT and GTL Forums - Stephen!'s Album: Various pics from various rides

Shows me the thumbnails but clicking on any of the pictures strips the "!" and results in "Invalid Picture specified. If you followed a valid link, please notify the administrator". Manually adding the "!" doesn't work because it continually gets stripped.

·
Administrator
648 Posts
The URL used to access your areas cannot differentiate between you and Stephen as the ! does not come up in there (it comes up as - which it registers as a blank space)

We will need to change your name to something different from Stephen!

Please provide a new username and we will change it.

I did not catch this during the username change and will need to correct it.

- JB

1 - 20 of 33 Posts