BMW K1600 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
755 Posts
Very cool photo, makes me sort of homesick for the hill country. You can see Jupiter's moons with a decent 8 power pair of binoculars. Check out the stars from the McDonald observatory out in the Davis mountains sometime.

·
Premium Member
1,539 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,649 Posts
Awesome picture. Since I'm a closet science/astronomy/physics nutjob as well as an m/c fanatic, I love the photo. Sadly, I haven't seen that many stars in years.

·
Premium Member
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Awesome picture. Since I'm a closet science/astronomy/physics nutjob as well as an m/c fanatic, I love the photo. Sadly, I haven't seen that many stars in years.
Then, you must do a trip to west Texas. Big Bend National Park is now my favorite National Park. It is so BIG and the roads are perfect. The night sky is unbelievable. (I've done a number of photography ventures out there.)

·
Registered
981 Posts
Thanks for sharing.

·
Premium Member
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Nice photos no Star trails so this is many images stacked?

What was the camera?
I used to stack images, and it makes the Milky Way really pop! But, it is a bit more work than what I want to do now. This is just a single image shot with a Sony ARii with a Zeiss Batis 18/2.8.

·
Registered
349 Posts
I used to stack images, and it makes the Milky Way really pop! But, it is a bit more work than what I want to do now. This is just a single image shot with a Sony ARii with a Zeiss Batis 18/2.8.

I have been out of the photography game for a while (got tired of lugging all the bells and whistles around), so I looked up your equipment.........dayum! Looks like about $1400-1500 for the body and $1300+ for the lens! The price, however, is reflected in the quality of the images (plus the photographers talent).

1 - 13 of 13 Posts