BMW K1600 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, other than removing the screen, does anyone have any tips for cleaning the centre section of the screen between the mountings that's obscured by the bracing between the mounts?

·
Premium Member
3,099 Posts
Paint the affected area black like on the Wunderlich screens. Problem solved

·
Registered
136 Posts
Swiffer duster sprayed with your favorite cleaner. With the screen up it is easy to slide it in and clean.

I do like the suggestion of painting that section though.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I use the "flossing" method but one of my favorite tricks for screen cleaning is to use a spray bottle full of undiluted Hydrogen Peroxide.
It fizzes away at bugs making them easy to wash off. Completely safe as it is H2O2 and loses an oxygen atom with the fizzing leaving you with H2O (aka water) to wipe off.

Reactions: astros50

·
Premium Member
192 Posts
Swiffer duster sprayed with your favorite cleaner. With the screen up it is easy to slide it in and clean.

I do like the suggestion of painting that section though.
OKAY! I AM SCRAPPING THE FLOSSING METHOD!

You sir, have solved the riddle. I cant wait to try a Swiffer. :tb:clap::bow:

·
Premium Member
85 Posts
So, other than removing the screen, does anyone have any tips for cleaning the centre section of the screen between the mountings that's obscured by the bracing between the mounts?
novus #1 it’s good for cleaning. The product jaws is also great. and plexus it is a great way to protect you and make subsequent cleanings easier. TIP - never, never use paper towels when cleaning a plastic shield.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts