BMW K1600 Forum banner

21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Read Only
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
But those were correct about bmw hearing anything about buyback in regards to assistance...live and learn....my attorney is taking it from here as BMW corporate just said I have nothing coming. Bike already qualified as a lemon here in Ca for simply days in shop regardless......anyhow.....Buying an Indian Challenger Dark Horse next week. Thanks to all for your replies

·
Registered
3 Posts
You found a dealer that confirmed there is an issue. That is 90% of the battle. Yet, just ~3 weeks in, with an unusual problem, and you're going ballistic. How often are you calling them? Perhaps they're just busy. This is their busy season, and even more so with Covid. Who else should have their work not done to squeeze you in? How many other customers should they delay to cater to you? Sometimes businesses decide certain customers are a lose-lose situation and they don't bother to try to make them happy because they figure they can't so they focus on those they can. Are you one of those?
Thanks for your considered opinion, Karen.

·
Soupa Mod
2,438 Posts
Perhaps a ban would be appropriate for someone who, on their 2nd post, attacks someone. SMH
It depends on the circumstance but a warning should be the first response. He has been warned with my post.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Thanks Karen II, (Paul 1984 Honda V65 Magna) following the logical run of this thread.
Odd that you didn't seem to care that Karen 1 (RefCat) took a rider to task for relating his issues with BMW, but you seemed to whine over my response. Sorry I didn't know such candyass whiners suffered so much with calling some one a "Karen" for being a Karen... Karen. I would suggest you try growing up, and for the love do something useful that add value to the group and stop being a KAREN. #tool

·
Q
5,251 Posts
Wow...
Its got to be the summer heat... drives people crazy!

·
Premium Member
2,056 Posts
I guess I missed the chapter of this short story that led to the ban. When a person introduces themselves to a new crowd by insulting them with characterizations that better describe their own behavior, they're not likely to last long. He didn't surprise me there.

·
Registered
15 Posts
you are not alone for whatever reason the later k1600 gearbox and the engine are showing to be another week point i am at this point in a battle with bmw uk
we in the uk have different laws to the US but it might be relevant to you
it states bike not fit for purpose /alternative dispute resolution scheme A.D.R.S
see my post i have a touring bike that has broken down bouth times it went to france
the 1st was the gearbox
BMW have a lot to answer for good luck
steve

·
Premium Member
224 Posts
I had similar issues with my purchased new 2018 GT LE. High Oil consumption and a Left Pull from day one. Eventually my local dealer (who was not the selling dealer) took matters in hand. A new Engine/Gearbox and Frame was fitted with the bike spending 8 months of its 22 months in the workshop. BMW HQ customer service was a) absent and b) when they did reply the once, utterly annoying, merely announcing that the bike was not designed to be driven hands off. No sh*t Sherlock!!.

Anyway after a lot of negotiation and pulling and pushing the job was done with an additional 2 year warranty added on. BMW HQ never acknowledged the loss of use issue nor for that matter anything else. Their approach, in my view, was textbook "how to p*ss of loyal clients' chapter one para 1. That said the Left Pull is 90% cured and is now only a whisper as opposed to a roar. Moreover, so far, the bike hasn't used any oil.....emphasis on the words 'so far'.

Now, having put a little over 1,000 miles on the new (ish) bike, I find the gearbox, which is apparently new and fitted with the recall parts, is noticeably rattling. Particularly so when just cruising through towns and villages in 2nd and 3rd, holding 30-50 mph. It sounds like something is loose inside akin to shaking a tin can with a few nuts and bolts in it. It will have to go back, the 'old' bike didn't make this racket, why the new one does is yet to be ascertained. Yet more off-road time not to mention a merry go round with BMW HQ is forecast, fearful that it will seize or break down on one of my long trips in the middle of nowhere.

I still love the bike but BMW are, if only by their attitude, enough to test the patience of Job. Dare I say a new Honda Goldwing is looking quite attractive at the moment......

·
Registered
15 Posts
i to am thinking towards honda again witch is a shame as the first 5 k1600 gave fair use
just a note my mate has a 2012 k1600gt that to date has 75000 k and not missed a beat
apart from a new rad and discs
the problem is the new box it has too much in a small space
when my bike at 730 miles yes only that the main selector sized between 5th and 6th gear
manage to ride back from the french alps to the uk in 6th gear and skip 4th and 5th and not uses the quick shifter and again bmw responses was week to say the lease
if i could ride a r1250rt without it giving me a headache i have one tomorrow
i wonder if the k1600 that the police use in germany are giving the same problems ?
best of luck with bmw
i am expecting a phone call on monday from my dealer
note when i got back to the uk this time bike went straight to the dealer and i have refused to except the bike as not fit for purpose and i have one of their demonstrators in my garage it's now week 4
2 long trips and not completed 1 without breaking down

21 - 33 of 33 Posts