BMW K1600 Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite BOTM winner for the year of 2021 HERE!
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Rectangle Automotive design Bathtub Automotive exterior Bumper

Writing implement Office supplies Silver Font Material property

Sleeve Bag Denim Waist Luggage and bags

Office supplies Writing implement Pen Cosmetics Font

Rectangle Font Tints and shades Gadget Office equipment

Comfort Grey Material property Automotive design Carbon

Comfort Automotive design Rectangle Composite material Tints and shades

Hood Automotive lighting Automotive design Motor vehicle Carbon

Grille Hood Automotive lighting Automotive tire Vehicle

For those who arent yet aware I will be stripping and selling my 2016 GT for parts. The bike only had 20,000 miles but the previous owner removed the air filter for some reason and after several thousand miles the engine was damaged beyond repair. My only chance of recovering my investment is to sell what I can. I will be putting most of the parts on ebay but will be giving members here first dibs. Prices are negotiable and reasonable offers will be accepted. Please keep in mind that I will do my best to ship quickly but im not amazon. Nothing will ship until next week due to my work schedule so please keep that in mind. For some items like the cases I will be building a wooden box to protect them from shipping damage. I also plan to do this in stages. For right now im leaving a rolling chassis and only selling the quick easy stuff that are easily removed. If you want to make an offer for parts not listed here I will entertain all offers and satisfy the order as soon as I can. I will also cover shipping on all full price offers.

NAVVl: This is newly refurbished from Garmin. Only used it once since it was replaced. $500 (SOLD)

Panniers: $500 each (they have a reflective sticker on back)

Top case: $900 I installed a Radiance LED light on the back as well as reflective stickers. (SOLD)

RKA Shiloh tankbag $150 includes rain cover

Remus exhaust: $800 (lowered)
(I have the stock exhaust for sale as well)

Sargent seat $500 (SOLD)
(I still have the stock seat for sale as well)

Attachments

·
Knight of The Realm
166 Posts
Spraynard would like a double discount price check on one (1) hadelight assembly, plz.

·
Premium Member
2,873 Posts
Hello,
I’m interested in the top case. New to this, are you available to message.
As a member with few posts (fewer than 10) you will need some time before you can PM.

·
Registered
562 Posts
Good luck parting the bike out, why on earth would anyone remove an air filter????? By the way you don't have to go through the added expense of building wooden crates to ship the panniers and top box. A solid cardboard box purchased from Uhaul along with some bubble wrap will be sufficient or take them to a UPS store and for a fee they will box them up for you.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Good luck parting the bike out, why on earth would anyone remove an air filter????? By the way you don't have to go through the added expense of building wooden crates to ship the panniers and top box. A solid cardboard box purchased from Uhaul along with some bubble wrap will be sufficient or take them to a UPS store and for a fee they will box them up for you.
good to know!

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hello,
I’m interested in the top case. New to this, are you available to message.
There is one member ahead of you that has already contacted me about the top case. If he decides to pass I will let you know.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Sad to hear your story dude. If the previous owner wasn't much of a DIY'er, I'd be surprised if they went so far as to remove the air filter. Something sounds sus with the word from your dealership. Like how do you know for sure there was no air filter? Wishing you all the best and hope you can recoup some of your investment.

·
Registered
2016 BMW K1600 GT
6 Posts
I am interested in the stock seat. I am unable to PM you since I don't have enough posts. Respond via email sajohn at smumn dot edu

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I am interested in the stock seat. I am unable to PM you since I don't have enough posts. Respond via email sajohn at smumn dot edu
I currently have an offer on the stock seat and Im fairly sure it will sell but if it doesnt I will let you know

·
Registered
10 Posts
Sorry for your engine failure. Probably too late at this point, but I recently saw a brand new K1600GT engine for sale on Craigslist for between $4k and $5k. It was somewhere in the western US and I could probably find it again if you're interested.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts