BMW K1600 Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 100 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Tire Wheel Sky Vehicle Fuel tank

Tire Wheel Sky Cloud Fuel tank

For those who arent yet aware I will be stripping and selling my 2016 GT for parts. The bike only had 20,000 miles but the previous owner removed the air filter for some reason and after several thousand miles the engine was damaged beyond repair. My only chance of recovering my investment is to sell what I can. I will be putting most of the parts on ebay but will be giving members here first dibs. Prices are negotiable and reasonable offers will be accepted. The list below is parts that have been sold. If it isnt listed there I most likely have it. I will update the list continually.

The following parts have been sold:
Top box
Wheels
Remus exhaust
V stream windshield (stock still available)
Seat
Headlight
Right side storage compartment
Mirrors
RS speaker cover
All Denali lights
Rear ILLIUM bars
Both shocks
Clutch lever
NAV
Dash opening for NAV
AUX lights
Turn signals
Right side throttle grip
Air inlets
Illium highway pegs
RS exhaust manifold
Brake lever
Front fender
Handlebars
Engine
Tail light

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,374 Posts
2022 MI/KM:
9029 mi
Hello,
I’m interested in the top case. New to this, are you available to message.
As a member with few posts (fewer than 10) you will need some time before you can PM.

·
Registered
707 Posts
Good luck parting the bike out, why on earth would anyone remove an air filter????? By the way you don't have to go through the added expense of building wooden crates to ship the panniers and top box. A solid cardboard box purchased from Uhaul along with some bubble wrap will be sufficient or take them to a UPS store and for a fee they will box them up for you.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Good luck parting the bike out, why on earth would anyone remove an air filter????? By the way you don't have to go through the added expense of building wooden crates to ship the panniers and top box. A solid cardboard box purchased from Uhaul along with some bubble wrap will be sufficient or take them to a UPS store and for a fee they will box them up for you.
good to know!

·
Registered
94 Posts
Sad to hear your story dude. If the previous owner wasn't much of a DIY'er, I'd be surprised if they went so far as to remove the air filter. Something sounds sus with the word from your dealership. Like how do you know for sure there was no air filter? Wishing you all the best and hope you can recoup some of your investment.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Sorry for your engine failure. Probably too late at this point, but I recently saw a brand new K1600GT engine for sale on Craigslist for between $4k and $5k. It was somewhere in the western US and I could probably find it again if you're interested.

1 - 20 of 100 Posts