BMW K1600 Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, could someone tells me function of this top case connector? Grand America 2018 mod

·
Registered
2,107 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,162 Posts
You might be able to unplug it and see what doesn't work? There looks to be quite a few wires going to the plug.

Reactions: BMWGuy

·
Upside Down
2,517 Posts
Hi, could someone tells me function of this top case connector? Grand America 2018 mod View attachment 153423 View attachment 153424
It looks like it could be similar to an OBD diagnostic plug. If your not sure and live close to a BMW dealer I would swing by and ask them as they would be best to confirm that, as it is easy to get to it should be freeby to just look at it for you.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I have a similar connector on my UK GTSE. It provides power to the Top Case brake light and the courtesy light.

·
Registered
131 Posts
it's not a diagnostic plug as is is by the tank on 2017 on bike and is ob type now
and yes it's for the top box only
the small one you are holding do not unplug it as you will put fault codes in the bike

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
You might be able to unplug it and see what doesn't work? There looks to be quite a few wires going to the plug.
99% sure that plug goes to the speakers in the top box.
Well,
I dont have any rear speakers on my 2018 model. Could it be wires for extra addons such as rear speakers (like on Harley street glide) ? Im not sure because I heard that BMW introduced rear speakers from 2019/ not 2018, maybe I wrong?
I unpluged connector just to figure out function but nothing happened. Brake light / courtesy light. still functional. Connected it back- no failures / errors.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Well,
I dont have any rear speakers on my 2018 model. Could it be wires for extra addons such as rear speakers (like on Harley street glide) ? Im not sure because I heard that BMW introduced rear speakers from 2019/ not 2018, maybe I wrong?
I unpluged connector just to figure out function but nothing happened. Brake light / courtesy light. still functional. Connected it back- no failures / errors.
I am doing some light maintenance on my GA today. I will test my speaker theory by disconnecting this plug with the radio on.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts