BMW K1600 Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I use my phone for music sometimes using the bike's speakers by use of the blue tooth tunei. Works fine, but I have to use the phone for control. What I'm wondering is if I can do some sort of music control through the bike, by use of the Nav V, bluetoothed to phone and bluetoothed to the tunei, which is plugged into the usb port and input jack in the side pocket. Basically, what I want to do is play music off of my phone, either mp3 or amazon, and control it through the bike by way of gps, and fool the gps into thinking the tunei is a headset, so that the sound comes through the speakers on the bike. Does anyone think that's possible?

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That is similar to the device I have and functions the same, though I'm using android. Anything I play through the phone while blue toothed to the device will go through the speakers.

·
Registered
2012 K1600GT
55 Posts
Do you mean Tunai? I believe the bike can directly control Apple devices but not Android. But that is ONLY if you have the special BMW Apple interface cable plugged in. But that would be taken up by the Tunai.

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

·
Preema
1,260 Posts
Use the force! Or the special cable and plug it in...

Reactions: OSCS

·
Registered
93 Posts
Well,
I've tried all kinds of methods of music on my new-to-me GTL-E (2015) and, to say the least, the use of that BMW plug in that little cubby has been just a bit frustrating. I tired a cheap-o version from Amazon and, the infamous "NO USB" in the window kept appearing. I finally sprung for the BMW version and, yep, it works. I have only used my mini I-pod and even then, if the I-pod's not plugged in EXACTLY correct, I get the songs, genre, tracks, etc. on the screen, but no sound. I then un-plug the unit, re-plug it all back in and, vuuuuuallllla, it plays and I can control it via the thumb wheel.

Then, I took on the challenge of trying to not only use the factory Motorrad Navigator V for music, but, just trying to load music on that unit was one serious pain in the a... I'm not the most technogeek so, I had to hammer through it and finally loaded some on it. Then, there's the issue I had paring it to my fairly new HJC helmet with a J&M Audio BT-04 blue tooth headset. But, that's another story. As for you boys and your special adapters, well, that's way over my head. I hope you get all that stuff ironed out.
Scott

1 - 6 of 6 Posts