BMW K1600 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I have been waiting for the steam to subside, got my wish last night.
Rode up to Northern NH where it was a balmy 39 degrees this morning.

I do love the cool weather but ……….

·
Registered
608 Posts
I can't wait for cooler weather here. Did about 300 miles today, the bike showed 100.3 degrees the bank thermometer showed 103.

·
Premium Member
5,178 Posts
Made several passes over the mountains in the last few days.

57deg up there sure feels nice when the lower valley temps are in the mid to high 90's. The NWS says we have a couple more weeks of heat before it starts cooling down. Its been a long hot summer, I'm ready for fall.

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I could not do it. I ventured out last week while it was in the 90's and humid.
I wear a mesh riding outfit and still had a melt down.
My temp gauge fluctuated between 7-8, always has my attention.

My solution is to ride further North each time, Quebec has been fun. Northern Maine and New Brunswick also, great rides.

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
One of my favorite rides is RT 26 from Colebrook over to Bethel Maine and back on RT 2.
Really spectacular during foliage season. Just watch out for the Moose.

·
Registered
981 Posts
This is s e x y talk!!

·
Premium Member
1,069 Posts
Shirtsleeve weather here....
My favorite MN weather joke, as seen somewhere on advrider: "...where they have two seasons, Winter...and July." :grin:

I never really "got" just how bad that lake effect weather was until I was looking to buy my 5 Series a few years ago, and shopped a big dealer in MN. The cars were all kept indoors in a multi-floor facility, heated to a balmy 34 degrees, and if you wanted to test-drive one, they put it on a car-elevator and brought it down to you. :surprise:

It was only at this point that I started doing research, and learned that northern MN had colder winters than some places within the arctic circle.:surprise:

Also surprising is how gorgeous MN is in the summer, and as a positive, how my ginger-white, untanned legs fit right in!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts