BMW K1600 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Techmeister
1,474 Posts
I have one similar to this on my GA. I have yet to use my radio, but I wanted to leave the option available to me so I mounted a stubby. I do get reception. If you are concerned about receiving a weak signal (due to gain of the antenna), this will not work for you. If you do not care about AM/FM radio, this will improve the aesthetics of the bike.

·
Registered
134 Posts
I purchased one essentially because I liked the shorter look more than the stock long antenna. Honestly, the reception quality is the same, imo but I like the look and the reception isn’t worst (in my case).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Steve's Brother
6,259 Posts
There are less expensive ones (7.95) on Amazon if you want to give one a try.

·
Q
5,256 Posts
I paid 8 bucks for mine, dont know the brand. All I know is it looks better than the stock long antenna. Cant comment as to how well it works either... I dont use the audio system on the bike at all.

·
Registered
2,930 Posts
I brought a BMW Stubby, the FM is not as good as the full whip. A.M. in the UK is poor anyway mostly digital now everywhere

·
Premium Member
692 Posts
I have one and it doesn't seem to limit the reception. I rarely use the radio. I got it mostly because it's easier to put the cover over the bike without the long antenna.

·
Soupa Mod
2,438 Posts
I removed my antenna last winter. I haven't used the bike radio in years.

·
Premium Member
1,209 Posts
Got one of the "less expensive" ones off of Amazon years ago and have noticed no loss of reception when using. Like others, don't use AM/FM much though.

·
Registered
493 Posts
It is more for the looks for me. I just could not take the wobbly original stupid antenna. I got one for 18.00 that looks good too and I have to say, listening to FM at times, it works good. If you under heavy trees or a short tunnel, you might loose a bit. But, I listen to Amazon Prime most of the time. Happy riding....!!!!

·
Premium Member
940 Posts
I've used this stubby one on a few different bikes for maybe 5 years now. I'm not a heavy radio user on the bikes but the few times I do use the radio the reception has been good. I did not notice a drop off in reception with this vs. the stock antenna. Those who use the radio more regularly may have a different experience but it has functioned well for me, cost about $8 and looked much better to my eye.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B073QM1N9M/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1.

·
Registered
239 Posts
I have the Craven stubby, but honestly have no idea on whether it affected radio reception or not. I only use satellite or my phone thorough the nav for music. I bought it purely for looks, because the stock antenna was distracting and right in my line of sight, so as far as I’m concerned the stubby does its job

1 - 12 of 12 Posts