BMW K1600 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any chance that the forum can bring back next to the discussion the information on the last post that used to be to the left of the topic.

·
Premium Member
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am not certain I understand what you are referring to. Can you give me more information, please?

- Cricket
To the right of each discussion whether it be General,Bluetooth, Tech, ECT It used to have the most current discussion posted and when and by whom it was posted.For example if I posted a subject inside General Discussions it would show on the main page next to general discussions . This way you did not have to check each individual forum to find a topic that might interest you. If I had access to a screen shot before the forum changed I could show you.

·
Premium Member
5,178 Posts
To the right of each discussion whether it be General,Bluetooth, Tech, ECT It used to have the most current discussion posted and when and by whom it was posted.For example if I posted a subject inside General Discussions it would show on the main page next to general discussions . This way you did not have to check each individual forum to find a topic that might interest you. If I had access to a screen shot before the forum changed I could show you.
If you use the "New” button on the right up by your screen name it will give you all the latest posts in which ever forum since your last visit. Below those posts are the threads that have not been updated since your last visit. This works wether you have posted in a topic or not.

I always use this button and never look in the individual “forums” for new threads or topics because everything shows up when you hit the new button.

·
Premium Member
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I guess it's just a matter of preference. I just liked scanning the front page of each sub topic to see if there was something there that grabbed my interest.

·
Premium Member
5,178 Posts
I guess it's just a matter of preference. I just liked scanning the front page of each sub topic to see if there was something there that grabbed my interest.
You know.. this new button is a shortcut of sorts, its just an easier way to see anything new. If your looking only on the front page of the subforums then your looking only for something new. Some of those subforums havnt seen a new thread in months. By scanning the front page of each subforum your just wasting time reading topic titles you have read many times before because some of these subforums havnt had a new topic posted in months, if not longer. Likewise, some of the last replies to those topics on the front pages in those subforums may have a last post date back years.

For clarity.
Every new topic thats created anywhere on this forum will show up in that list when you click the "new" button.... every single one, it does not matter what subforum its created in.. it shows up. If it interests you, you read it, if theres no more posts on it then it slides down the list but will come back if someone posts on it. If it doesnt interest you.. just like the other topics, you dont have to open and read it.

If you frequent the forum on a regular basis, theres really no need to use any other way to read the forum because everything new (topic or posts to existing topics) shows up under the that button.

If you still like scanning over repetitive stuff you can still do so from this page.

·
Premium Member
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I see what your saying. I guess it's just a matter of getting used to it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts