BMW K1600 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Discovered that my front right indicator had sustained some damage and failed, no idea how, stone or road debris has punched a hole at the top and water has got in. Only discovered it when the warning light on the dash came on. Just pulled it off tonight and emptied out the inch or so of water that had collected in the bottom. Looks like the whole thing is sealed and the clear cover cannot be parted from the back plate. So before I cough up for a new one, has anyone taken the Dremel to it and repaired?

·
Registered
1,836 Posts
Both of mine are cracked. I just put clear tape over it to keep it from getting water inside but they can be had, just the clear cover. I'm being told ebay has them fairly cheap but you do need to get out the dremel and re-glue.
That won't help you since your indicator isn't working, sounds like you need a new assembly?

·
Premium Member
1,433 Posts
you might try heat and gently prying before you take the dremel to it. Start near where the damage is and use a heat gun (or hair dryer) to see if you can get the glue to loosen up.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks. Its been laying on a radiator for a day now, still some condensation. I had thought about a heat gun, will try it first, got nothing to lose. I found someone selling the whole assembly on ebay, fairly cheap but looks like a chinese knock off. And just found a load of those covers on aliexpress. I'm going to let it dry out a bit more then plug it back in and see what happens.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts