BMW K1600 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since Darby is away from the forum for a few days, he came to Texas to see what we ride for off road fun. The original adventure bike for men;

Attachments

·
Registered
337 Posts
I’m thinking that is some set of handlebars?

·
Premium Member
564 Posts
Looks like Marshal Dillon and Festus done come to town! :laugh:

·
Premium Member
6,397 Posts
Chris, pass to Darby he isn't the first to be banned from the forum for a couple of weeks. Maybe it'll help his blood pressure. And who knows, maybe @DavidMcK will finally take the hint and just go away, what a piece of work...

Duane

·
Registered
461 Posts
Darby's in town and no one mentioned it? :puzzled: You guys should get your butts on those steers (or at least a two wheeled version of them) and head to Winchester today to see exactly what them steers are good for! :)

·
Premium Member
3,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Chris, pass to Darby he isn't the first to be banned from the forum for a couple of weeks. Maybe it'll help his blood pressure. And who knows, maybe @DavidMcK will finally take the hint and just go away, what a piece of work...
Duane
Duane I will pass the message on but I don't think he cares too much

Darby's in town and no one mentioned it? :puzzled: You guys should get your butts on those steers (or at least a two wheeled version of them) and head to Winchester today to see exactly what them steers are good for! :)
Unfortunately, Darby didn't bring a bike, otherwise we would have organized a Texas thing with You, Lionel, Regan, Roland, Kevin, Etc. Today, we are going to the International Motorcycle show in Dallas

·
Registered
532 Posts

Duane
Duane, you won't let a dog sleep, you poke it and prod it until it rears up and bites you and then its the dogs fault.

You (and others) have forgotten a simple fact, we are all motorcyclists first and we own and ride a particular motorcycle second. This is a forum for motorcyclists to share experiences and knowledge. I have shared mine, you might not like what I have to say, but everything I have encountered is true and if my experiences help some other biker on this forum then, for me, that's good.

If you don't like what I have to say then challenge me with facts or sensible information, if you don't have any of that, then say nothing.

Your K16 experiences are different from mine, we go different places and are different riders. Your K16 is working for you, brilliant, long may it continue.

My K16 did not work for me, its as simple as that and I am not the only one to encounter difficulties touring Europe.

Now, let the dog sleep.............................................

·
Premium Member
2,247 Posts
Since Darby is away from the forum for a few days, he came to Texas to see what we ride for off road fun. The original adventure bike for men;
You did tell him Longhorns are not so good to eat..........?>:)

·
Premium Member
3,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

Duane
Duane, you won't let a dog sleep, you poke it and prod it until it rears up and bites you and then its the dogs fault.

You (and others) have forgotten a simple fact, we are all motorcyclists first and we own and ride a particular motorcycle second. This is a forum for motorcyclists to share experiences and knowledge. I have shared mine, you might not like what I have to say, but everything I have encountered is true and if my experiences help some other biker on this forum then, for me, that's good.

If you don't like what I have to say then challenge me with facts or sensible information, if you don't have any of that, then say nothing.

Your K16 experiences are different from mine, we go different places and are different riders. Your K16 is working for you, brilliant, long may it continue.

My K16 did not work for me, its as simple as that and I am not the only one to encounter difficulties touring Europe.

Mr. Mack you are off the thread topic...

·
Premium Member
6,397 Posts

I'll let the dog sleep when you're long gone, in the mean time I'll just continue to shake my head and laugh whenever you post your rants. @DavidMcK, you're actions/reactions on this forum clearly identify you neither as motorcyclist nor a K1600 enthusiast. You want "FACTS", I'll give you facts:
1. Troll: a troll is a person who starts quarrels or upsets people on the Internet to distract and sow discord
2. Davidmck=Troll.

hahahahahahhaha :) :) :)

Chris, to stay on this thread topic, I bet I know where Darby would like to stick one of those horns! :)

Duane

·
Premium Member
3,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I'll let the dog sleep when you're long gone, in the mean time I'll just continue to shake my head and laugh whenever you post your rants. @DavidMcK, you're actions/reactions on this forum clearly identify you neither as motorcyclist nor a K1600 enthusiast. You want "FACTS", I'll give you facts:
1. Troll: a troll is a person who starts quarrels or upsets people on the Internet to distract and sow discord
2. Davidmck=Troll.

hahahahahahhaha :) :) :)

Chris, to stay on this thread topic, I bet I know where Darby would like to stick one of those horns! :)

Duane
Horn fantasies? He's at my house for a few days is there something I need to know?

FYI- We went to the Dallas (International) Motorcycle Show today. No BMW, Ducati, Sena, Klim, etc. Very disappointing. KTM1290 SD was one of the highlights for me. Goldwing looked improved, maybe smaller. Japanese brands all had new/updated models.

·
Premium Member
2,218 Posts
Horn fantasies? He's at my house for a few days is there something I need to know?

FYI- We went to the Dallas (International) Motorcycle Show today. No BMW, Ducati, Sena, Klim, etc. Very disappointing. KTM1290 SD was one of the highlights for me. Goldwing looked improved, maybe smaller. Japanese brands all had new/updated models.
Darby is in Texas with you?? Here is a photo from one of our TTD where he won the award for longest ride to get to the TTD-USA. Guess Darby is afraid that the guys from the West Coast will show up again in 2020??:confused::confused:

Best,

Doc:tb:tb

·
Premium Member
3,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
@garyculb Darby says hello (me too) and he's moving to Alaska next month so he's just wants to know the item being raffled next year.

·
Premium Member
5,775 Posts
If I come again this year I'll ride West and go "The Long Way Around" to get there. >:) There should be enough ice between Alaska and Russia to get back on dry land. Now coming across the Atlantic might be a problem. I better pack and get started if I'm going to make it on time.

·
Premium Member
2,218 Posts
@garyculb Darby says hello (me too) and he's moving to Alaska next month so he's just wants to know the item being raffled next year.
Been through this before with other k1600 guys from Oregon, Washington & even Cali. Promises....Promises??

If Darby decides to come from Alaska & you let me know- I will make sure he receives a fantastic gift for showing up.

Grand Prize Raffle next year (2021) will be some more High End KLIM Riding Gear. Maybe a KLIM Latitude jacket & pants set???

Best,

Doc:tb:tb

·
Registered
597 Posts
Okay first, those bulls are way tamer then the ones I was on the back of! Wish they could have tied mine up sometimes! Those [email protected] are good at breaking ribs.

Second, Darby got put in time out? How did I miss that? Wish I would have seen that thread. From what I know of Darby I'd be on his side. Ask him for me if he wants to start another border wall thread! LOL I'm going thread searching now.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts