BMW K1600 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I did not buy my 2018 K1600 GTL from a dealer. Now I need one to help me with the transmisson recall, and other scheduled maintance. The closest is Louisville BMW. Has anyone had their transmisson work done there? Are they your home dealer and are you pleased with the work? Thanks kaisejc1

·
Registered
397 Posts
Well, I haven't done any business with them at all, but if the four dealers here in the Houston area represent a 'fair' sampling, they all have horror stories told about them. The moral of the story is that you'll need to experience the good, the bad, and the ugly yourself. I know that's not much help, but you'll probably need to shop around until you settle on a favorite.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I did not buy my 2018 K1600 GTL from a dealer. Now I need one to help me with the transmisson recall, and other scheduled maintance. The closest is Louisville BMW. Has anyone had their transmisson work done there? Are they your home dealer and are you pleased with the work? Thanks kaisejc1
I live in the Louisville area and had the transmission recall done on my 18 GA by Louisville BMW/Harley last summer. I had no issues with the repair. I also had an issue with the starter clutch not engaging all the time after the transmission work however that wasn't related to the transmission repair. That issue was also taken care of satisfactorily. My only issue with the dealer lately is with the parts department. They usually do not bother to answer the phone. They missed out on a battery sale and brake pads last week because they don't answer the phone. There seems to be some upper level management issue or something because they have a very high turnover in sales and parts departments. Every time I go in there I rarely recognize the parts guys. The service manager has been there for years. Good luck.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts