BMW K1600 Forum banner

21 - 38 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
830 Posts
Unfortunately with BMW there aren't that many dealers around. I use Cross Country BMW in NJ and really like the service dept. I also have Hermy's in Port Clinton, PA and Montgomeryville Cycle Center in Hatfield to use if necessary. Next year we are moving to New Hampshire and will use Second Wind BMW and Max. So far good experiences with both.

·
Registered
4 Posts
dealers

Cross country great dealership boought many bikes from them and they are top shelf on service, they also have a great relationship with BMW NA

Bimmerbill

·
Registered
43 Posts
Which Max BMW dealership have you been involved with? I deal with the Max dealership in Brookfield, CT. I am very pleased with the service experience I have had, there, as well as the sales department.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Cross country's part department dropped the ball on a very important order for highway pegs.

Needed for a vaction trip to lake george ny, i payed them in full, waited ten days, called them multiple times and never a call back. Finally got thru to the guy who place the order and well to make it short he didnt get my parts and i had to cancel order with them due to lack of customer service.

Service department had a difficult time returning my calls about my brand new two day old bike that was down. Finally gave up and waited and mechanic finally returned my calls. If it wasnt for the mechanic id find another service department.

Its a nice place but when you spend over 25k i tend to expect the same service as when i bring my 335xi in for service.

When my bike was flat bedded in with 350 miles on it i was offered up the local train station for help. :eek:

·
Registered
145 Posts
Razee in Rhode Island has been awesome in every department. Sales, service, parts and the Ladies in the office. Very patient folks. Purchased my GTL in August, had them do the 600 mi service in in September, and stopped in there on the way home from work yesterday for a free top off of oil and tech chat with one of the mechanics. (down half a quart 600 mi, now at 4,500).

·
Premium Member
4 Posts
I recently bought a bike from Max BMW in Brookfield, CT and dealt with David and Zac. Overall, very pleasant experience. You have to negotiate and bring in your A game to get a good deal, but where is that not a requirement.Max is also a much bigger volume dealer than any other dealers in NY/NJ/CT; hence able to give you a better deal.

But what I really like about Max is that they will pick up the bike and deliver it back since I'm only 45 miles away from them. Cannot beat that.

Enough with singing praise since I'm not getting anything for free, and I don't work for them. Just personal experience.

·
Premium Member
43 Posts
Cross Country in Metuchen, NJ. Bought my bike there and I have them do any major service. They took care of a couple warranty issues for me. Nice enough waiting area, decent assortment of clothing for sale, easy to talk with. One of their guys, Brad, supports forum members with discounts.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Bought my K1600B from Cross Country in Metuchen, NJ last Fall. Very pleased with sales, service and parts personnel. No attitudes and customer friendly.

·
Registered
328 Posts
I purchased my BMW from Bergen County BMW/Harley and to say I'm not happy would be an understatement.

Can anyone recommend a GOOD dealer within 100 miles of Westchester NY. Max's is the other dealer in my area but id rather not go there either.
If you dont mind me asking. What was the issue wiht Max BMW? I just bought a K1600 GA from them.
Thanks
Mike

·
Registered
25 Posts
Thumbs down for Razee, thumbs up for Wagner

Was a 4 year customer at Razee. Called them for service one weekend last winter when it was not snowing, service writer actually laughed at me for calling and then (falsely) accused me of missing several service appointments saying I cost them money in pre-ordered parts by not showing up...the point being they would not service my motorcycle. Beyond poor customer service. I will never go back there and since that incident advise all of my MSF BRC students to avoid Razee like the plague.

Thumbs up for Wagner in Worcester MA, did a 28k service there after the incident with Razee, totally satisfied, great tech, fair prices.

Seriously, avoid Razee, there are better dealerships in the area that respect you as a customer and want your business.

·
Premium Member
1,095 Posts

·
Premium Member
3 Posts
Bought my K1600B from Cross Country in Metuchen, NJ last Fall. Very pleased with sales, service and parts personnel. No attitudes and customer friendly.
I bought my Ducati from them in Metuchen 2 years ago and the service/support has been very good. About a year ago they opened a BMW only dealer on Rt 17 in Hasbrouck Heights, which is about 25 miles from the Tappan Zee. Just started looking / shopping for a K1600 and I stopped by there to check it out. Alex is your guy to see there.

21 - 38 of 38 Posts