BMW K1600 Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite BOTM winner for the year of 2021 HERE!
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Administrator
715 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Welcome to the December Bike of the Month Competition!

Tire Wheel Cloud Sky Vehicle

Congrats to our November winner, @Troy1690

Please follow all instructions posted below

1. You must add 3 Photos; no more, no less. NO Collages. Pictures must be of the current state of your vehicle. Avoid having any people in your images.
  2. List any/all Legal Modifications to your vehicle if you have done any.*
  3. The bike must be yours. Bikes waiting to be purchased may not be included
  4. Include a short description of your favourite aspect of your bike, or your favourite memory or ride taken with your bike*
  5. Votes for the month’s winner will be tallied by the number of “Likes” your post has on the last day of the month. The winner at the end of the month will win a free 1 Year Premium Membership for the forum and a custom flair under their username. If the winner is already a premium member, their subscription will be extended an additional year.
  6. Remember, please post your entries and pictures in this thread.
  7. If you have won in a previous month, you can no longer enter for the rest of the year. However, if you have a second bike that meets the above criteria, you can enter that.

* These are optional but encouraged

Winners will be featured on the sites gallery, found here. Gallery

·
Registered
180 Posts
Ok, I’ll give this a shot. I present my 2019 B to which I’ve added the following:
Ilium risers
Wunderlich rear luggage rack
Ilium adjustable brake pedal
Ilium shifter extender
CalSci XL windshield
Corbin heated dual Tour With dual backrests
Rocform cell mount
Aeroflow aerowings
Knight design lowered footpegs
And the all important stage II Brentune tuner which makes the bike an even better performer. I love the bike for its power and handling characteristics as well as the way the bagger looks. My favorite memory thus far of owning the bike so far has been my first X-country trip with my daughter. That one 1600 mile trip removed any doubts I had about the bike and of course the best part of owning a K1600 bike is this great community.
Cloud Tire Sky Wheel Fuel tank

Plant Wheel Tire Sky Automotive tire

Wheel Tire Plant Plant community Automotive tire

·
Premium Member
2012 GT, with a 2016 GSA sibling
25 Posts
As a proud new owner of a K1600GT (just purchased from @Kdoddrell1), I will share photos from my first ride: 600 miles from Las Vegas to San Francisco Bay Area.

The attached photos are from early morning today, on Highway 58 between Bakersfield and Atascadero, California. The first one I call, “Dawn Ride” near McKittrick, CA, at about 7am. Temps were about 30 degrees Fahrenheit. Second are third are between Simmler and La Panza on Hwy 58. This area is near where James Dean met his end in his Porsche 550 Spyder - rolling hills and cattle grazing land. Luckily, my new BMW handled the twisties and sweepers beautifully.

Looking forward to more great rides with my girlfriend on the back!

2012 K1600GT
53,000 miles
I’m now the second owner, after Kevin
Sargent custom seats for rider and pillion
Vstream windshield
Clearwater driving lights, with dimmer knob integrated into left fairing
Gerbings outlets and controllers beautifully integrated into left and right fairings
Near show room condition

Thanks for watching.

Craig

Tire Wheel Sky Vehicle Automotive tire

Tire Wheel Sky Vehicle Fuel tank

Sky Tire Wheel Automotive tire Vehicle

Attachments

·
Called in sick; gone riding 🏍
3,599 Posts
Great photo the top one Graig what's the screen like I'm looking at changing mine not sure what to get yet.

·
Premium Member
2012 GT, with a 2016 GSA sibling
25 Posts
Vstream regular height - seems to work well. I’m 5-10 and have a Schubert C3 Pro.

·
Premium Member
156 Posts
My input this year …
GTL, born Pollux Green in may 2019. 12000 miles total.
Aeroflow windscreen.
Russel Day Long seat.
Wunderlich luggage rack and bag.
Illium rear crasbar.

My first wife was the one who decided we should have the K1600. She only rides as a pillion, but she tried the seating just for fun when we was at the dealer to get a R1200.
We are still married...
We love going on vacation down south … ( not down under ) in southern Germany and in the Alps, and we have also spend a week traveling the Normandy invasion area.
This is the second K16 we have.

Last year this time the bike got the wrap-color you can see. This winter I have another “Broken Carbonfibre” I will try to put on.

The first and second picture is local. The third is from southern Germany …

Tire Sky Wheel Water Fuel tank

Tire Wheel Fuel tank Vehicle Automotive lighting

Tire Wheel Fuel tank Vehicle Automotive lighting

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
Great photo the top one Graig what's the screen like I'm looking at changing mine not sure what to get yet.
T'bone, I've got a CalSci in a box at home that I had on my GTL, the cut-out in the lower section of the screen made a big difference in terms of back pressure and the general shape of the screen cut turbulence a lot. I also rode in heaps of rain and didn't get drenched because of the cut-out.
Baz, AB, Chicken legs

Tire Wheel Land vehicle Fuel tank Vehicle

·
Premium Member
2012 K1600GTL, 1998 Triumph Daytona, 1983 YZ250K
768 Posts
T'bone, I've got a CalSci in a box at home that I had on my GTL, the cut-out in the lower section of the screen made a big difference in terms of back pressure and the general shape of the screen cut turbulence a lot. I also rode in heaps of rain and didn't get drenched because of the cut-out.
Baz, AB, Chicken legs

View attachment 160210
Interesting screen AB, never heard of that one. Hard to work out the cutout, is it just the little rectangular looking hole?
AZ

·
Premium Member
768 Posts
I like it, if Thomo doesn’t want it hit me up I’m interested.

·
Premium Member
768 Posts
It made a big difference for me, I'm 5'10. It comes from a mob called California Scientific - (in the US obviously) Google them.
I did 😁.

·
Premium Member
768 Posts
The one on Craigs bike is the same as my spare one that I’m going to loan you to try out

1 - 20 of 27 Posts